Han

soooo loonely!!

Hi

just thought that I would pour my heart out to you lot!!

I started college the other day to do art and design, there is no one from school in my course to really talk to, some of them seem as though they are depressed half the time (or trying to be cool) and I am sure nooobooody likes meeeee!! (maybe I am being a bit dramatic, but I am saaaaad !!

:cry:

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Oh poor Han I felt a bit like you on my first day at college I think all art students try to look cool, I know they did at the college I went to, don't worry you have lots of friends on the forum..............

I am sure you will soon find somebody to be friends with at college and they will be very impressed that you have chooks in your garden now that is cool ............ :lol:

You'll make friends Han. You seem like a friendly girl so I'm sure you'll soon have a load of great mates. My little lad started secondary school on Friday and doesn't know anyone either so we understand how you feel.

Bet you're the only one with cool pets though :wink: ! Art and design sounds great. I'd love to have studied that and English but I went off to be a nurse instead. :roll:

Enjoy your course and don't worry too much about the "cool" ones! They're probably terrified underneath their coolness!

Have fun Han!

Oh, Han it's so tough being the new one & feeling left out :( . Hang on in there, it will get better, I'm sure of it, it's just early days yet, but I know it's horrible in the meantime, just waiting & hoping that things'll work out..... and no doubt worrying whether or not you've made the right decision.

As all the others have said you'll make friends soon enough, you seem a really bright, happy & friendly person who I'm sure usually makes friends easily. I think probably that some of the others are feeling shy & awkward too, but hiding behind their cool image. But of course, you are the coolest of the lot- with chickens how could you not be :wink:

I hope you start feeling a lot happier very soon, I'm sure you will. And in the meantime don't forget you've got loads of friends on the forum :)

Stick with it Han - don't forget you've had the extra stress of bumblefoot to cope with as well, so that is bound to have made you a bit more stressed out than you might have been otherwise.

I did a design degree as a mature (ok - ancient) student and loved it but I did find that a lot of people, especially the U18's, seemed to think that because they were doing a cool subject they had to dress and act really cool - ie be very remote and not do normal things like make new friends. Of course this all changed after the first couple of weeks and even I made some good supportive friends of all ages. Just give the incredibly 'cool' ones a bit of time and they'll come round and once you get used to the tutors and other students I bet you'll be really happy there. Anyone who chooses to have an eglu must have seriously good design sense so I'm sure you'll do very well on the course :D:D

hi!

Thanks for all the kind replies!! I am glad I have got you lot on the forum!!!! :D

Oh, also I hope me and the other Hannah haven't confused you too much! I read about her chicken with bumblefoot and hope it is better soon!

Thankyoooou all again!! :D:D

Hi Han...

Hope today is a better day for you.

I went to Art college too (in Stourbridge -West Mids) then onto Loughborough to do Printed Textiles...

Are you doing general art and design just now?

I'll never forget my first day either. I had the required torn jeans, baggy home-printed T-shirt and long red hair, but some of the people there were SCARY looking. Infact - I'm sure with a bath, a good hair wash and showing them the iron would have solved most of that :lol: Of course, once we'd got to know each other, they turned out to be the nicest people - as cool as they were!

You'll love it when you find your feet, and Art College is a great place to explore 'you' as it allows you that freedom.

I loved my college days, and so will you :D

Hi Han

Have a good study day.

we both know how you feel - especially Paul whos dad moved around a lot with his job and Paul kept on having to start again.

But, stick with it, be yourself and you will soon make friends - and, as others have said - you've got a lot of friends here on the forum!! If anyone seems "too cool" to speak to you, dont bother with them, they are not worth the effort!

Keep us updated

Cyber hugs from your buddies

Cyber woofs and licks from the doggles

Cyber clucks and boks from the chooks

xxxx

Are you doing general art and design just now?

I am at the moment doing a general art and design course, but I'm not sure wether to stick with that course or swap to A levels in fine art and some other bits and bobs I enjoy (because I do like art but I am finding hard to get into this course at the moment and really enjoy it) I am going to give it a few days to try it though... :?

Oh, and thanks everyone for all the nice comments!!

Well, I am biased Han, as I loved my Art and Design College. You have to do what's right in your heart of hearts. When I looked around at various options, I found more freedom in the Art and Design college, than doing an 'A' level in Art, but, I knew design was the only thing for me.

You will settle in, it just takes time to adjust. I'd give it at least a term before you make any decisions, then at least you'll have given it a chance and you'll be sure you're making the right decision.

You've loads of time ahead, so try not to worry too much.

Dan - it was the statement I didn't understand, not the length of time - well, I couldn't decifer how long you meant actually :lol:

I did A Level fine art and found it was really flexible - maybe it was just the college I was at but the second year exam was such an open question that you could really do whatever you wanted.

I started uni last year (big place 10,000+ students) amd didn't know anyone before I started but soon found friends on my course. Now I have to do it all over again this year going back to college for a year and then back to uni on another degree next year!!! It will all sort itself out - it always does! :D

Sounds like an adventure Rachel!

It is hard whne you first start out isn't it. You have to remember why you are doing these things don't you, for yourself and "Ooops, word censored!"ody else!

I'm going back to 1989 when I went to art college, so I think the A levels have moved on a bit from the 'still life' and 'landscapes' options I had :?

Yeah, bit hectic at the moment suddenly going back into sciences which I haven't done since GCSE!

If I was doing it for anyone else it would be for my parents and I would have stuck it out doing law so they didn't have to finance another 4 years through uni :D !!!! Thankfully they are very understanding!

I have found it gets easier starting all over again tho, you gain more confidence in yourself etc and I'm a lot more confident in the choices I've made - If all else fails there's always chocolate and a nice large cup of tea :D

No problems...have been eyeing up the sloes for a week or so now...making it isn't the problem...its keeping it 'til Christmas that I find difficult! :lol::lol::lol:

Seriously now Han (Serious, sincere face on here), you'll be fine. Relax and just be yourself. You're a lovely person! You must be, you own chickens!!