Snowy

5 eggs/4 chickens!

I thought the egg laying hormones were all over the place at the moment, but this confirms it! 5 eggs from 4 hens in one day! :shock:

Went out first thing to find a large, pale cream egg in the run! Guessed it must be Florries as she didn't lay yesterday and hasn't missed a day in nearly 2 months. Then Pom and Bella laid theirs. When I got home from work OH said there was another in the nest box - unfortunately it was a softie, just a heap of raw egg with a big lump of what looked like tissue paper near it. Then Fizz laid hers in a plant pot :roll: Can only think the very first egg was Florries, either laid late last night or very early this morning, in the run as Fizz sleeps in the nest box, then she laid the softie this afternoon. Poor girl - she's gone into overdrive! :?

I just feel so sorry for her - she looks quite exhausted today :( The other three have it just right, Bella and Pom lay for a few days, than have a day off. Fizz graces us with an egg every other day, occasionally she lays two days on the trot, but not often!! She's a lady of leisure. :lol:

Poor Florrie though :(

I thought the egg laying hormones were all over the place at the moment, but this confirms it! 5 eggs from 4 hens in one day! :shock:

Went out first thing to find a large, pale cream egg in the run! Guessed it must be Florries as she didn't lay yesterday and hasn't missed a day in nearly 2 months. Then Pom and Bella laid theirs. When I got home from work OH said there was another in the nest box - unfortunately it was a softie, just a heap of raw egg with a big lump of what looked like tissue paper near it. Then Fizz laid hers in a plant pot :roll: Can only think the very first egg was Florries, either laid late last night or very early this morning, in the run as Fizz sleeps in the nest box, then she laid the softie this afternoon. Poor girl - she's gone into overdrive! :?

Did she lay in the strawberry pot? She looked a bit like she was nesting. She has similar markings to Megan (Welsummer) apart form the head. I think the markings are gorgeous.

Blummin Megan has been shredding newspaper and throwing it off the nest,and smashed Trinny's egg, I think she's struggling with an egg-maybe she wants to make the move from her rare small novelty eggs to bigger ones? :?