Bramble Posted July 18, 2010 Share Posted July 18, 2010 Well, just got my ex bats home, they're pretty moth eaten, one much worse than the other two, but I expected that. I haven't had a good lookat them yet, I wanted to just leave them alone to settle in for a while. I put them into the eglu then after about 10 minutes I opened the door into the run. They haven't come out yet but it's only been half an hour or so so very early. Hope they'll be ok, will try to post some pics when they're a bit more settled! Exciting! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Pipichick Posted July 18, 2010 Share Posted July 18, 2010 How very exciting Can't wait to see the pictures when you post. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mercedes55 Posted July 18, 2010 Share Posted July 18, 2010 Looking forward to seeing pics Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Patricia W Posted July 18, 2010 Share Posted July 18, 2010 it took mine 2 hours to venture out. Now, three months later, they are banging at the eglu door to be let out at 5.30am!! Tricia Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mollie333 Posted July 18, 2010 Share Posted July 18, 2010 Well done for rescuing, May i ask where you picked them up from? Looking forward to the pictures x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bramble Posted July 18, 2010 Author Share Posted July 18, 2010 Thanks, I picked them up from (near) Coventry, but they'd been brought down from a farm in sheffield, so they've had a long drive? Should I worry if they don't eat or drink anything today? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mollie333 Posted July 18, 2010 Share Posted July 18, 2010 they are probably just settling in, it might help if you put bowls of food and water near to them, because i dont think they will get the hang of the grub and glug straight away.. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted July 18, 2010 Share Posted July 18, 2010 Congratulations. Looking forward to the pics and to hear what names you have chosen. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bramble Posted July 18, 2010 Author Share Posted July 18, 2010 Guys, you'll never believe this, they've been "home" for less than three hours and there's an egg already!!! I was worried that they hadn't come out to eat, and more importantly drink, so I pushed them out through the door and after not very long at all, the found the grub and its contents and boy, were they hungry! They've all eaten and had a drink, two have even taken food from my hand. As for names, I'm not sure, but the smallest (and dare I say scraggiest) is going to be (chicken) Little, I think another will be nugget, was thinking about tikka for number 3, but that sounds a bit 'sick'? So much for me not getting attached! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
scarlettohara Posted July 18, 2010 Share Posted July 18, 2010 You sound as if you will be a great Mum Congratulations on your girls - planning to get some ex-batts in the autumn (when I have saved enough for another WIR ) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
coco Posted July 18, 2010 Share Posted July 18, 2010 Well done for giving them a new home, ex batts have brilliant charecters, mine are so nosey and very helpful when doing anything around the run. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sezra Posted July 18, 2010 Share Posted July 18, 2010 Well done, I am really pleased all is going well. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mercedes55 Posted July 19, 2010 Share Posted July 19, 2010 So pleased to hear it all went well, they sound like they are settling in very well already Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blue-DiamondChick07 Posted July 19, 2010 Share Posted July 19, 2010 Well done you for giving them a home! They're such lovely birds, with strong personalities. You'll love 'em... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...