amateurkeeper

Breeders/Rescue Centres nr Greater Peterborough area...

....Can anyone recommend any? We're finding it hard to....um, find any. We're keen to take in any rescue hens/cocks and add to our flock, any suggestions in the Greater Peterborough area (Huntingdon, Stamford, Wisbech, Whittlesey and anywhere else in a 20 mile radius) would be fantastic. Word of mouth recommendations are also more reliable than just turning up at a random place found on Google (not that can find any!) :)

Little Hen Rescue have a collection point near Kimbolton. If you look at their website they will tell you when they next have a collection date available there.

(Just had a peek on their website - they are planning a collection from Cambs in August, when they get enough names. Have a look on their website for the contact details)

Also Westaway Poultry in Rutland (in the village of Wing, believe it or not :lol: ) have lots of different hens for sale. I've not bought hens from there myself so can't recommend though. Best to contact them to see what they have available.

Janty - just been on the Merrydale Poultry website and they don't sell chickens anymore :(

I was sad to find that out, I got all our girls from her except for the origanal two omlet girls.

Also Westaway Poultry in Rutland (in the village of Wing, believe it or not :lol: ) have lots of different hens for sale. I've not bought hens from there myself so can't recommend though. Best to contact them to see what they have available.

I wondered about these as I am on the Northants Rutland border and work in a Rutland school. Has anyone had any hens from them?

Chrissie

I emailed Westaway the other day - they don't have any at the moment, but will be hatching 'in the next month or so' :(

West Lodge Rural Centre at Desborough have a few bluebelles and speckledies left.

Elderberry Poultry (Oadby) only have 3 light sussex bantams left.

I was talking to Karen on Monday - she gave up the chickens as they were taking over her whole weekends and she does have children. Very sad :(

I'm struggling to find any hens round here at the moment :?