annettec

Sick Silkie :(

I have an approx 22 week old lovely Silkie hen who we got a couple of weeks ago.

Since we got her I have felt that she was quite quiet and in fact posted a topic as to whether Silkies are usually so quiet but the general feeling was that she would settle in as it was a new home with new friends.

I have noticed that she has gradually lost weight although was never a heavy bird, again thought this was the breed.

She has become much less active although still eating corn and mealworms enthusiastically so is eating although unsure how much of the pellets she is eating as difficult to tell.

This morning she seemed very wobbly and in fact has fallen over and could not get up. She is now standing again.

I have immediately bought her inside in a little cage and have mixed her some egg yolk, honey and porridge oats which she has had a little taste of ?

Her poo does seem greenish and smells differently to the other girls and her bottom is mucky, will clean it this pm once I think she has eaten a bit more ?

Any ideas am worried +++++++++++++

Thanks all