Mel (& Paul)

I hate work

:idea:Perhaps all of us on this forum should runaway to the hills of Wales and create a self-sufficient community and we can all be dead friendly and courteous to each other and live happily ever after...

Yes, please...just chickens & like-minded chicken keepers... 8) ...and no builders. (Annie, 20 weeks is a random time scale, nothing to do with reality. Poor you, what a week. Are you camping out with the donkeys?)

Oh, and does it have to be Wales? :wink: Oops, I'll get moderated. And talking of prejudice, I was very proud of my daughter for writing an article about not judging people on how they look, we all do it but its prejudice. Good on her for her youthful but wise understanding, I thought.

Until she got her piercings & tattoos... :shock::roll:

I would just like to say that I have nothing against people with tatoos and piercings.....I have 6 piercings! (but don't tell the children at my school: They'd be horrified)! :lol::shock:

Its the behaviour of a person I always look at, not the "facade".

Builders....don't! I'm dreading it, although we have a project manager who has inserted penalty clauses if the work isn't done in the timescale proposed....we will no doubt see!

Sheila, luckily, no, we won't be doing a "Mary and Joseph" this Xmas and staying in the stable with the donkeys! A very kindly neighbour rang us last night and has offered us the holiday cottage in her garden, so we will be using that as a base, which is great as we can keep all the animals here (except doggies of course: They'll come with us)

See, things can only get better! Especially as this holiday cottage has a 25 metre indoor swimming pool and sauna!! :D Lets hope the builders take longer than 20 weeks! :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol: Annie, I'm so pleased that you have somewhere to live and that its worked out so well. You sound so cheerful despite all these challenges (I didn't think you were being judgmental by the way)..good teachers are the salt of the earth, and you sound like one, lucky children. Hope you manage to get the packing done, in between work, animals & forum!

Really wish we had moved out & left builders to it, had no idea how such a smallish job could completely take over. :roll::twisted::evil:

Thank goodness for chickens & forum!

Oh dear :(

What have I started. :oops::oops:

I only had a rant because I have had a pretty tough time and it is beginning to get the better of me - I needed a rant and I thought I would give Paul a rest - bless him he has had to listen to me ranting for 19 years now......surprised he's still with me :roll:

I do count my blessings every day :D - but sometimes they are harder to think of :? - that's why chooks and doggles are so good - they listen to our grumbles and moans and then just wag their tails :D (chickens as well as doggles :wink: )

I'm still desperate to move to a rural place with lots of land - we saw something on tv about someone in hertfordshire (or was it herefordshire?) with 4 dogs, 2 cats, 3 chooks and a pony that were looking for somewhere - glad to know that we arent the only 2 looking for an Ark!

I promise to try and be more positive (cant promise not to have a rant and rave every now and again though :wink: )

Hi Mel, don't worry about the rant. I hate my job at the moment too, desperate to get out, but am now very experienced and consequently earning a decent salary, which means that I couldn't command my pay and conditions in any other area of work. I mutter about downsizing, but we can't do that yet, the children are used to this lifestyle and I can't suddenly pull the rug from under their feet expecting them to downsize too. And I'm luck really, hubby does the daily 90mins there, 90 mins back commute into London each day, and that's only if the trains are running right, and works full time in a far more stressful job than me. So I've been whinging a bit recently too, read your rant and burst out laughing because a lot of the time I feel much the same.

But, like you, we're lucky, we've got family, friends, health, chickens, are financially OK, although a very long way from well off I hasten to add, we just cut our coat to suit our cloth. But there's more good in my life than bad and I do count my blessings.

Oh, and we had builders in about 3 years ago, had a loft conversion/ large extension put on our bungalow. There wasn't a room in the house that wasn't affected, we were without a roof for over 6 weeks in a very wet & windy april/ May. I can trade builder horror stories with anyone. We didn't move out to a place with a pool, instead we had our own suddenly appear in the hole in the ground that had been daughters bedroom. We didn't fancy swimming in it though :shock: That said, nightmare at the time, frequently fantasised about committing heinious crimes on said builders :oops: , but it was all worth it in the end. And this far after the event I can laugh about it.................. just, through still clenched teeth :shock:

But, yep, I hate my job too :roll:

I bet builders really like their job! :? Just look how much fun they must get from 'accidentally' ..........creating swimming pools no-one wanted, disconnecting the loo before leaving for a weekend away where they can't be contacted, leaving an unsupported wall so that it collapses in the high winds and making you pay to rebuild.............

They must spend the weekends laughing their socks off! :lol:

Ohh, might have to pop down to Wiltshire - just to see how the building works are coming along (of course :wink: )

I dont actually hate my job - I love my job :D - I just hate the managers who think that they own us and we dont have a life outsiede of work :evil::evil: - I've got to go to Witney, Oxford on Mon / Tues for a course - staying overnight - no question, doesnt matter that we have 3 dogs that need walking and chooks that need chooking! :?

Oh well, nearly the weekend - off to dog agility this afternoon and have the house to myself this weekend as Paul visiting his mum (shame we have three dogs and four chooks to look after - otherwise I would love to go :wink: ) so I have a weekend planned full of cooking loads of meals to bung in the freezer, eating pizza, drinking wine and watching "girly" television, long bubble baths with a good book and a g&t - not all at the same time I hasten toadd!! :D:D:D:D

anyone who wants to rant against work feel free to let off steam here! you are amongst great friends :D:D

I've got to go to Witney, Oxford on Mon / Tues for a course - staying overnight

Mel, Witney's not far from us, and I used to work near there. It's quite a nice town. I hope that they put you up somewhere nice - is your course at Eynsham Hall? That's a conference centre/stately home type thing near Witney.

Welcome to Oxfordshire! Let someone else do the worrying for a change... :wink:

Eynsham Hall is fine, Mel. We used to go there quite a bit for work stuff when I worked for an IT company in Eynsham. We had a Christams party there, which was a riot - we got landed with a massive bill for damages cos some of the lunatic programmers trashed their rooms!

Shame i am busy then or I could pop over and we could meet up. it's only 20 mins from here.

Have a good one

Can I recommence this post... being the only one in the office I have entitled myself to a brief shirk of duties only to be called up by the hospital to rant on about discharge delay fines, who's told who what and when etc..... and it's not even my case!! *note to self* don't answer colleagues fones!

I totally understand why people hate social workers.... why oh why did I go to uni, to qualify to do this ridiculous job.......... I think i need help......

maybe I could contact mental health team - but due to the 'confinments of their budget' they are unable to offer service provision to those not in the critical or substantial category....... never mind their flaming budget, it will be mine I'm woried about if I have to go off on LT sick..............

Ahhhhhh

But I do love my job and I work with some lovley people alonside the "not so lovley ones that abscond and manipulate".....

so I make the bread, the butter, the cheese (most of the time)

Kate,

Do you mind telling us how you found out about making your own cheese? We (well, Sarah mostly - my contribution is the eggs!) make a lot of things and grow what we can - but we've never tried making cheese. Can you give us any tips on how to get started (or try anyway)!

This could go in a different thread or pm because it's not really about hating work. Except that we'd rather be trying to make cheese than be at work :D

Thanks,

Steve.