Hi

Have a 6' x 9' (and 6' high) run for two chickens (currently though hoping to add a couple more soon).

Have a few branches nailed up which they love to perch on and would love to add some more toys/treats to keep the interested and wondered if anyone had any ideas.

Thanks in advance.

Hi have usual CD and budgie bell. Found a metal ball/cage thing at local garden centre, Dobbies. I don't think it was meant for chickens but it's great. Can stuff it full of treats eg big chunks of cucumber, apple, tomatoes and our two girls spend ages pecking at it. It has a hook to suspend it and the added bonus of a bell, plus it is very shiny. Your adventure playground is fab.

ANH & Plum...I love your set ups!!!

Inspired by ANH's creative thinking with perches and platforms - I bought some of those garden edging things (you can either buy a mini picket fence or a 'log roll' effect...and you just push it into the ground...) ...cut off the stakes and mounted them with heavy duty brackets...then got some cheap decking squares as platforms!!

Not the cheapest solution ever but sturdy and the girls love 'em!!

9e7d9abf.jpg

Plan to add more bits and pieces to keep them entertained over winter!! :D

*finds a link*

Edging thing...

http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=20001&partNumber=485567&Trail=searchtext%3EEDGING

Decking...

http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=20001&partNumber=322977&Trail=searchtext%3EDECKING

That is the downside of the playground :lol: . However, I keep a flowerpot and scoop in the run and every morning scoop the poop off the shelves and branches as best I can.

Every few weeks I take a basin of soapy water and a stiff brush and scrub down all the surfaces (doesn't take too long but it's a messy job :lol: ). I then dry it off a bit and sprinkle Stalosan F over everything.

The removable bits like the "ladders" and the big branch, I take out and power wash (but not very often!).

The upside is that I don't have to clean the eglu :lol: .