bigmommasally Posted November 23, 2010 Author Share Posted November 23, 2010 Found out tonight that I have a Band 4 post in the new structure and will be on protected pay for a few years I'm not sure how I feel - relieved I supposed that I have a job but still angry that I've been a Band 5 for 7 years without any complaints, but now I'm only good enough for a Band 4 post. I know I'm luckier than some and I should be grateful, so I shall try really hard to look grateful when I see the head honcho next time Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted November 23, 2010 Share Posted November 23, 2010 Good news , well sort of. I can understand you and your colleagues being well miffed. At least it gives you time to reapply for higher grade as the vacancies come up. Will you be doing the same job:? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted November 23, 2010 Share Posted November 23, 2010 Glad to hear that you have had some reasonably good news. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted November 23, 2010 Share Posted November 23, 2010 Will it be difficult for you to only do Grade4 work? - very unfair if they're going to expect you to do Grade5 work Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Patricia W Posted November 24, 2010 Share Posted November 24, 2010 At least it provides you with some stability. Maybe you can look around for something else in another organisation - or as someone else said, there could well be vacancies at the higher level later. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sage Posted November 24, 2010 Share Posted November 24, 2010 Sending big hugs. years ago I was told I was been made redundent after 20 years service, but a new post was available. £5'000 a year less but with more responsiblity. I took in but wasn't happy. Handed my notice in 10 months later. My new job is great. In some ways it was the best thing to happen Hope it all works out in the end. Sage Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...