bigmommasally Posted November 5, 2010 Share Posted November 5, 2010 (edited) I work for a local authority, and we're going through a major restructure at the moment. My level jobs are being cut from 39 posts to 19 posts and we all have to interview for a post. My interview is 12.30 today, I will be given a case study and 1 hour to prepare a presentation followed an hour long interview. I'm scared The level above me have already had their interviews and the results were given a couple of days ago and many of my friends and colleagues haven't been successful, so I'm not feeling very positive. So please lots of positive vibes for me today please Edited November 23, 2010 by Guest Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
jlo Posted November 5, 2010 Share Posted November 5, 2010 All the best!! Keeping everything crossed for you! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted November 5, 2010 Share Posted November 5, 2010 Fingers crossed for you . Best of luck . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
craftyhunnypie Posted November 5, 2010 Share Posted November 5, 2010 Wishing you lots & lots of luck! Emma.x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted November 5, 2010 Share Posted November 5, 2010 Best of luck. xx Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Seagazer Posted November 5, 2010 Share Posted November 5, 2010 Good luck and positive vibes being sent your way Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sage Posted November 5, 2010 Share Posted November 5, 2010 Good luck hope all goes well Sage Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
quickcluck Posted November 5, 2010 Share Posted November 5, 2010 Oh Sally, thats rotten for you! Hope it all went well, I'm sure you did a great job! Everything crossed! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
clootie Posted November 5, 2010 Share Posted November 5, 2010 Only just caught up with this. Hope it went well for you today - everything crossed for you Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted November 5, 2010 Share Posted November 5, 2010 How did it go ? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bigmommasally Posted November 5, 2010 Author Share Posted November 5, 2010 Aahh thanks everyone for your good wishes and positive vibes. It went pretty badly I think my presentation may have been passable. The interview questions were awful though, and my mind went completely blank. I used the stalling methods (sips of water, please can you repeat the question) far too much and they didn't help anyway cos I still couldn't verbalise my thoughts! Still tis over now, I'm gonna forget all about it for the weekend, just about to tuck into a lovely takeaway meal, have a day out at a patchwork show tomorrow and a day chook and bunny cuddling on Sunday. I'll let you all know Monday night what the outcome is. Thanks again everyone, you are all truly lovely people. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted November 5, 2010 Share Posted November 5, 2010 Only just seen this Sally. Sorry you don't feel it went well Hope you enjoy your weekend and fingers crossed for Monday. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
cathybc Posted November 8, 2010 Share Posted November 8, 2010 only just seen this, hope it is good news x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Omletina Kyckling Posted November 8, 2010 Share Posted November 8, 2010 Sorry I missed this on Friday. Sending you lots of post-interview positive vibes!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bigmommasally Posted November 8, 2010 Author Share Posted November 8, 2010 I wasn't successful I now have to wait until 23rd November until the Band 3 & 4 interviews to see if I get a job at one of those levels. I have been a Band 5 for 7 years, have always met and exceeded my objectives every year, have been given bonuses for performing above and beyond but now I'm not good enough. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted November 8, 2010 Share Posted November 8, 2010 So sorry to hear that Sally - I've been in that position before and it feels horrible. I hope you fare well in the next phase. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted November 8, 2010 Share Posted November 8, 2010 Bad luck . Hope it goes better next time . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
quickcluck Posted November 8, 2010 Share Posted November 8, 2010 That's absolute pants!!!! I can't begin to think how you must be feeling........ fingers crossed for the end of the month... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
jlo Posted November 8, 2010 Share Posted November 8, 2010 Sorry to hear how they treated you. It's all too common that they don't appreciate the good workers when it counts! Good Luck for the next phase. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
goodinparts Posted November 8, 2010 Share Posted November 8, 2010 I'm so sorry...part of the miserable experience that far too many people are having at the moment. It's specially hard when you know you've done your job so well - do hope that you do well in the next round, or that there's something even better out there for you. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Purplemaniacs Posted November 9, 2010 Share Posted November 9, 2010 I'm so sorry, that is awful, I hope you get some positive news soon about your future. Chrissie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted November 9, 2010 Share Posted November 9, 2010 Sorry to hear it. Best of luck for the next round. xx Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted November 9, 2010 Share Posted November 9, 2010 Sorry Good luck with the next round. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bigmommasally Posted November 9, 2010 Author Share Posted November 9, 2010 Thanks everyone I've been into work today, was told that I didn't have to but I didn't think there was much point putting it off. I've glad I did, all my colleagues have been so lovely, most are genuinely shocked that I didn't get a post as I'm one of the most experienced, even folk who wouldn't even usually say much more that Good Morning have expressed their disbelief, So that has made me feel a whole lot better about the process. Just have to keep my fingers crossed that I get a Band 4 now. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted November 9, 2010 Share Posted November 9, 2010 Good to hear you're getting support from colleagues. Hope they are as helpful helping you prepare. I'd try and have some run throughs, guess it's going to be different for the different banding. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...