phenna_family

chickens begging

Yes! As soon as our back door is opened they rush up and if you have anything at all in your hands they just stand directly in front of you staring up as if willing you to drop whatever it is you have got. And if you are only little, they miss out the staring and go for the jump and grab then run off squabbling over it like a bunch of naughty schoolgirls! :shock: As someone has said previously - I am so glad they are not bigger. :lol:

Yes, my girls dash to the back door the minute they hear the handle turn!! Treacle is now the queen of the "shoulder charge" to get rid of the other girls if there's a tasty treat on hand!! .... She's a bit scary sometimes, I have to admit!

If they're in the run ( which they are at the moment as new patio being laid....yea...more places to poo) they do chicken formation dancing :roll: up and down the length of the run, hopping gracefully over the plank they have as a perch, perfectly synchronised. They are currently working on their figure of 8 :roll::roll:

If I could get it on video, I'd send it in to You've Been Framed

Nugg :cry: used to follow me indoors and chase me round the kitchen if she thought I had something good.

Mine also come charging when they hear the door handle - and cluck away in disgust if i come out with the washing basket :lol: . They've only recently started jumping up on me, and I don't like it - a wing flicking into the corner of the eye is not pleasant :x .

Yes...mine congregate in corners trying to charge forward every time the back door opens. :roll:

Ditto, Trinny has been known to fly up at me as well :shock:

She's quite forceful sometimes, and has scary yellow eyes if you look closely.

They follow me round in the pen as well until they realise there is no food. :roll:

YES YES YES.....ours beg!! BIG STYLE

We have barricade outside backdoor. If we are let out - (to go to the recycle bins) we are followed. :roll::lol:

If we eat outside we are followed with our food to the table...once sat chickens will jump on the table and try to peck the food our your hands :shock::lol:

once chickens are on the floor they will wait until you are finished for any leftovers :roll:

mine refuse to go to bed unless they have their treats :lol:

Mine are in a big pen with the Eglu raised up, & Pansys favourite trick is to run up to the top of the ladder when she sees me & then LAUNCH herself at me in full flight,hoping I will drop whatever treat I am carrying :roll:

I have had to warn the poor girl who is looking after them while we are on hoilday.

I don't call this begging - its more like a mugging :lol: