meezers

Dandelion is so noisy today

Usually my Silkie cockerel crows for a couple of minutes at 7.50am, again at 8.10 am then only once or twice during the day. Today for some reason, I don't think he's shut up - it's continous and I wouldn't be surprised if he loses his voice :roll: Any ideas why ? there are other cockerels in the village, but I certainly can't hear them and there's no one in the field next to the run ( he'll sometimes crow if he can hear kids shouting ).

I'm in our living room, so there is only the outside wall between me and him - and a distance of about 18ft, he's not that loud, I shouldn't think the neighbours are bothered as apart from next door ( who I hope are at work ) the nearest neighbour is a further 100 ft away, but he's beginning to get on my nerves! :(

OK, I may have an explanation - though it's rather weird :? I've just realised that Mabel has been sitting in the nestbox most of the morning - we've had no eggs for almost 3 months, so this is the first time for a while that anyone has been in the nestbox. Mabel emerged about half an hour ago ( no egg yet but imminent :dance: ) and Dandelion has stopped crowing ( fingers crossed) Would he realise he was missing a hen ? and would that be cause to crow ? or was he just shouting to all and sundry that 'Mabel is laying and he's the man!'? :lol: