Chicken Licken

Starting my beekeeping course tonight

It may all seem a bit daunting but if you're already familiar with a hive then it will make some sense; don't expect to memorise it all first time. I'm still learning new things every time I do an inspection. Bees are absolutely fascinating, and the more I find out, the more I realise how litte I know. Enjoy! :D

I do hope you enjoy it! :D

I did one this time last year and I will probably go back for a refresher this year....it's an awful lot to take in but once you tell yourself that you don't have to remember it all, that different beekeepers have different ways of doing things and "Ooops, word censored!"ODY knows everything, you can sit back and really enjoy it :D

Wonderful, have a great time.

It won't make too much sense straightaway...... It took ages for me to get the mechanics of artificial swarming straight in my head for example. It's marvellous when things start slotting into place. Try to get the natural history of the bee right as a lot of your manipulations depend on knowing that.

I'm off on a refresher in April. Meanwhile it's been mild and all three of my colonies have been doing a lot of winter cleaning :D

90 people :shock: Our 10 week course was for about 12 of us which was good as you really could ask anything and get to know the tutors who nearly all became mentors. But it sounds like you have a head start, so I'm sure it'll all be fine. I have come to the conclusion I am a very lazy beekeeper and I tend to refer back to my books for specifics each time I have to do something new, I just can't remember it.