hrap

an unhappy post

hiya

In October I bought a Beautiful young buck whom I named Harvey with a wonderful personality who had nearly died when he was about 2 months old. The shop owner said they think he dehydrated himself, but was otherwise in perfect health now, we had a vet check him over and they said he looked healthy but keep an eye on him. 6 days later he collapsed very suddenly, so we called the vet round who gave us some syringe food and told us not to get our hopes up. By the next 4 days he was jumping around full of beans, the day after I was holding him and he collapsed on me it was horrible. The vet said he was entering a coma and he needed to be put down, though he wasn't in any pain just means it wasn't drawn out. So at a young age of four and a half months Harvey was put to sleep :(

We told the pet shop what had happened they offered us another rabbit for free and we picked out a doe which my sister named Gwen who (we should have seen this coming) looked like Harvey, again she had buckets full of energy and very tame. Needless to say on New Years Day she collapsed and died in my arms half an hour later :cry:

I am glad we were able to give those rabbits TLC and a wide space to run arround but it's still painful they were two of the best rabbits I have ever had

The reason for this very long post (sorry) was I was wondering if anybody had come across this before. Vet didn't know thought it might of been genetic

On a more happer note out of the 4 chicken we got from omlet we have 1 still surviving she is over six years old and still lays every once and a while and has the most amazing character :D

Briony

(green eglu)

PP Hallujah

(blue eglu)

(brown rabbit) Georgie