Sageandonion Posted March 25, 2011 Share Posted March 25, 2011 It always seemed to be sunny - or was it my imagination - quick lets move to Suffolk - beats London where it seems to rain a lot of the time I thought that too - the sunshine was the main reason I watched it! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Margalot Posted March 25, 2011 Share Posted March 25, 2011 I know Ian and Sue had a few fans on here, but I am glad Ray & Jane won last night. Ian was beginning to irritate me, he didnt seem to have the drive, where as Ray seemed very practical and I know the couple will get lots of advice re the business / money side of things. The BBC aren't likely to give financial backing or whoever is providing the financial backing and let the couple struggle are they? Good Luck To Ray and Jane and look forward to the next show probably Ray and Janes farm and how they are coping! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted March 25, 2011 Author Share Posted March 25, 2011 Were they the couple who nearly got sent home for the first couple of weeks? I gave up on the programme after originally starting this thread, I found it too annoying, and as Lesley said, Jimmy would never have made the grade when he started out and wouldn't have got as far as he has without a hard working wife and supportive experts. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted March 25, 2011 Share Posted March 25, 2011 Good Luck To Ray and Jane and look forward to the next show probably Ray and Janes farm and how they are coping! The OH and I met Ray and Jayne at the edible garden show last weekend and they were a super couple to chat to and at that stage didn't know if they had won or not and they seemed very down to earth about it all and said that it would be fantastic to win but what will be will be.. I am really pleased they have won the are definitely the more deserving couple! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
poppy ben grace Posted March 25, 2011 Share Posted March 25, 2011 I really enjoyed the show and was pleased for Ray and Jane. Its just nice to watch a bit of harmless TV for a change even if the programme was a bit daft sometimes! Well done to Ray and Jane for giving it a shot they are braver than most of us! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
riane Posted March 25, 2011 Share Posted March 25, 2011 We were at the edible garden show too! Ray and jane told us that the series was filmed last year but they were not allowed to tell anybody the outcome. They said it was strange having fame now because it all happened last year for them and so much had happened since then. They seemed a real nice couple. I hope it all goes (went) well for them. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted March 25, 2011 Share Posted March 25, 2011 Were they the couple who nearly got sent home for the first couple of weeks? I gave up on the programme after originally starting this thread, I found it too annoying, and as Lesley said, Jimmy would never have made the grade when he started out and wouldn't have got as far as he has without a hard working wife and supportive experts. We kept watching just to see who won but found the whole thing so irritating - Jimmy has been a complete 'backside' and so pompous with it In the final test he was telling Ray and Jane that they were being too cautious in their sales projections and they needed to work out how much they needed to earn and set their volume of sales accordingly but then told Ian and Sue that they were being unrealistic for doing just that! - a bit like all the house programmes where if something is painted magnolia they have to add colour and it there's colour it has to be changed to magnolia I hope Ray and Jane are really enjoying the farm and look forward to seeing how they do.....as long as Jimmy doesn't feature too much in the next programme. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted March 25, 2011 Share Posted March 25, 2011 haven't read all previous posts so sorry if I'm repeating what's already been said but i saw the title of the thread and had to jump in because we foud it all so annoying!!!! It was like 'the apprentice' in its format which we felt was totally wrong for the aims of the show and Jimmy came across as a little bolshy at times! Most of the couple were really irritating and seemed so totally unsuited for the show. The tasks were stupid and even the prize is only the lease of a farm for 12 months, it's not like they get to win a farm! It was just annoying and a total anti-climax. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Old Speckled Hen Posted March 26, 2011 Share Posted March 26, 2011 Yes, I hope they haven't, given the present climate, left perfectly good jobs to farm for a year. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...