Cinnamon

First sowings of the season

I sowed some more borlotti beans yesterday as I managed to overwater and rot the ones I sowed a couple of weeks ago :(

My neighbour gifted me some small celery plants, so they went in the raised bed yesterday too.

And most excitingly of all... it's not exactly sowing, but I bought a couple of part trained fruit trees to grow up against my sunny south facing fence over the weekend and hubby and I dug over the ground (with a pickaxe :shock::lol: ) and planted them. I'm looking forward to the challenge of training them and the reward of home grown apples and plums :D

On Monday we finally planted our beetroot, chard, and turnips. We also bought some Golden Acre cabbage plants and put those in. We now have 4 Tumbler tomato plants in baskets, and 5 inddor varieties in the greenhouse growing away really well with the recent warm weather, i hope that they don't take too much of a check now that it has cooled down. We also have 2 cucumbers and a melon in the greenhouse, and a sweet potato outside which I am going to have to wrap up for the next few nights.