Cinnamon

First sowings of the season

We were going to do some broad beans at the weekend but only got as far as jet washing the greenhouse. I would have been outside yesterday but I was at work :(

I noticed this morning that a red oriental herb that have forgotten the name of has set seed in my herb bed, the original plant died in the first frost, but now there are loads of healthy seedlings that obviously survived yesterday morning's cold snap. :D

Oh my goodness, I can't imagine when my garden will be ready - with all the snow we had and also the torrential rain it's pretty much water logged.

Mind you I'm itching to get going, i've got loads of seeds delivered from the catalogs this week so I think I'll dust the propagator off and get some things going in my daughters bedroom (she has moved out I'm not growing things round her :lol: ).

We have lots to do too.

I want to double the height of the raised beds,then they need rotavating again,& tidying up.

The greenhouse is a disgrace,still with old mouldering tomato plants from last year,which we never got around to cleaning out :roll:

The patio is littered with weed filled pots.

Funny how a bit of sunshine can be really motivating though,isn't it? :P

I've been sorting out all my seeds and getting more. Trying to start sorting out my new allotment, I put some raspberry canes in today, I looked and felt like a drowned rat when I came home. I've got my potatoes chitting in the dining room.

Have you seen Premier-Seeds-Direct on e-bay very good value, I bought some from them last year and have just had another batch come yesterday.

Have you seen Premier-Seeds-Direct on e-bay very good value, I bought some from them last year and have just had another batch come yesterday.

I have just ordered a batch of seeds from them last night.

I am quite excited as this will be the first time in years I have done any veg!

I have just sold our camping trailer, and moved a few bits around the garden to make room to make some raised beds, and will probobly use a few pots too.

I think I may have gone a bit mad on the seed front though! And I also ordered some weird and wonderful veg! maybe not so good for a beginner! Any tips???

Well my allotment was sadly neglected last year as I had no energy to do anything on it. I must be feeling better already as I've started a planting plan and keep getting the urge to go and visit it! Still can't do anything on it yet though. Cinnamon your greenhouse sounds like mine - I think that will be the next job, tidy it up and start planting! 8)

Broad beans planted a few weeks ago and are just coming to life. Little green shoots have appeared this week :D

Need to get my sweet peas sown.

I also want to double the height of my raised beds. All but one have been cleared out and turned over. Need to empty 3 compost bins as they are full. Probably the bottom half of each should be decent compost by now - just hoping my back can cope. :roll::lol:

One bed by the shed has never done well, so will double the height, add lots of compost/chicken muck and have it as a flower bed for cutting I think. Managed to get more hosing for the watering system, so it shouldn't dry out as quickly :D

probably not on the grand scale of most of you here but I have started my seeds off-just on the kitchen window sill-last week i put some cauliflowers, onions and alpine strawberries in-the cauils are just sprouting and i think i saw an onion or too pushing thru this morning and yesterday i did 2 yellow courgettes, 3 butternut squash and 3 'normal courgettes'..

I tried beans and peas last year-we got 2 pea pods...thats all :wall:

My caulis are getting bigger-now they look like mustard! I think I have got a couple of onions coming through-never done either of these before so heres hoping!

It was just so lovely outside that I couldn't face being tied to the computer all day, so I cleared out the remains of the red cabbage plants and gave them to the chickens (guess it will be blue poo day tomorrow :lol: ) and then planted broad beans, radish, spring onions, lettuce and beetroot.