With the first sighting of a chipmunk I am officially declaring the start of spring in Boston!

We've still got ~2ft of snow on the ground but it's melting fast.

I got the chance to sit out with the girls this afternoon this afternoon while the poor things pecked at about 5ft sq. of grass - the only bit I could dig out before the last storm.

Now I'm planning to dig a path to the greenhouse so I can get some seedlings going.

What's on your Spring to do list?

Glad your snow is going at last.

This Spring I need to creocote the hen shelter and see if I can repair the rotten greenhouse. My OH doesn't like me keep mentioning it would make a good WIR :lol:

On my spring to-do list is to tidy up the very neglected garden I inherited from the last owner of my house. It is a mess - lots of dead stuff to remove and loads of pruning to do. I got bedding plugs from Aldi on Saturday and I now have 50 little pots on my kitchen windowsill of geraniums and lobelia. Not sure what I will do with all of them. Perhaps they won't survive. Gardening is a new adventure for me!

Glad to hear the snow is going at last - about time!

I haven't ventured into my veg patch (hidden behind a wall) so dread to think the state it will be in :anxious: . My front garden looks lovely though as it's all new (albeit a bit bare and twiggy!) and the novelty of looking after it hasn't worn off yet :lol: .

In a moment of madness I had this idea that if I dug out a 9x9ft patch of snow that my poor hubby would build me my WIR earlier than planned...

After a few shovels of very wet and heavy snow I gave up and decided that the girls would survive a few weeks longer in the !gored!

I got bedding plugs from Aldi on Saturday and I now have 50 little pots on my kitchen windowsill of geraniums and lobelia.

I got some of those but decided on something bee friendly so I have masses of asters in my conservatory.

I too have lots of garden planting to do and some beehives to make. My potatoes are chitting on the window sill. We are selling the house. I just hope it goes before we have to dig those spuds up :lol:

I am hopelessly behind in the garden after all the wet we had in the autumn. I only get weekends to do gardening and it seemed to be raining or swamp-like on those when i had free time :roll: I did a lot of cutting back on Sunday and took all the branches to the dump, still lots more to do though.

Must be spring here too. 3 nice days in a row and the daffodils are out at last.

I bought some heathers and various bulbs from Aldi today and planted them. I was trimming a hedge when my 5 yr old son said "Look Mummy!" and I turned around and there was a pair of ducks on the front lawn! I quickly got some corn to encourage them to stay a bit longer and they lingered for about 1/2 an hour. They were beautiful. It made me want to get some.

I posted some photos of them on Facebook and now people think that I am even more obsessed with birds and that they are mine. :roll::oops::roll:

my daffs are just poking through the ground about an inch tall now

but the snow is almost gone which means.....we can start building the WIR

yipppppeeeeee!

:clap:

Edited by Guest

I could make you jealous and show my daffs.... but that'd be cruel!!!

We're in South west England , where it's milder, but wetter.

Happy Spring!!