Seagazer

RIP Elizabeth Taylor

sad news, what a life.

when I was about 12, I went on a french exchange and we (exchangee and her family) visited a rather odd man who lived on a boat. He stared at me intently for about 5 minutes and then announced that I resembled the young Elizabeth Taylor.

this is not something anyone else has ever said about me, and I think it is most unlikely to be true; but even at that tender age I took it as a compliment.

It would be nice to think that she could meet up with Richard Burton and have a truly happy afterlife. I always think they looked so in love in all the photos of them together, just perhaps a case of couldn't live with and couldn't live without.

I only watched (for the first time) Who's afraid of Virginia Wolf the other day, fantastic acting. I usually dip into Cleopatra on the many, many times it turns up on Sky.

My first husband was a photojournalist and I recall he told me a story of how he managed to blag an exclusive interview from Richard Burton and Liz Taylor on their yacht in Cannes. This was when they were married for the second time.

The interview was at breakfast time and they were both slurping gin into their cornflakes. In my relative youth and inexperience of the problems with alcohol I thought this was a wonderfully cool thing to do :lol::lol:

She and Richard were immensely talented but like a lot of gifted people too unstable for this world, I fear.