Gertie Posted March 24, 2011 Share Posted March 24, 2011 Hi I'm looking for an organic product/something green that will work as a conditioner. I have a lot of thick, often knotty long hair. Thing like Faith in Nature, though lovely, just don't work. Any suggestions? Thanks Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Christian Posted March 25, 2011 Share Posted March 25, 2011 I have heard that a raw egg is a great conditioner. You have to rinse it out though Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted March 25, 2011 Share Posted March 25, 2011 Isn't olive oil supposed to be great for long thick hair. I remember the delicious Naveen Andrews rubbing it into his hair in 'The Engish Patient' Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Charlottechicken Posted March 25, 2011 Share Posted March 25, 2011 I have heard that a raw egg is a great conditioner. You have to rinse it out though ...with cool or cold water Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gertie Posted March 27, 2011 Author Share Posted March 27, 2011 I might give the egg and olive oil a try. I looked up online and there are whole pages of 'ingredients' to try, including beer, yoghurt. The main ones seem to be oils. I will let you know what happens...I might wait until next weekend as I don't want to go to work with eggy or oil slick hair if I get it wrong!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
craftyhunnypie Posted March 27, 2011 Share Posted March 27, 2011 I bought some Morrocan oil yesterday at the hairdressers. Fab stuff! Just a bean sized amount put on towel dried hair. Then blow dried & wow - supersoft & shiny! It wasn't cheap for a little bottle - but the results were amazing! Emma.x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gertie Posted April 3, 2011 Author Share Posted April 3, 2011 Thanks Craftyhunnypie. I might try that Moroccan oil. I tried olive oil today. My hair feels nice and soft. I will try egg next weekend!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lavenders_Blue Posted April 3, 2011 Share Posted April 3, 2011 I use Green People Intensive Repair conditioner on my curly, thick (wiry!) hair. I towel dry my hair thoroughly after shampooing (Pure Nuff Stuff dry hair cleanser) then condition and leave the conditioner in. That's right, I don't rinse! It leaves my hair beautifully soft, even my hairdresser comments on what good condition my hair is in for my hair type... hooray! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gertie Posted April 3, 2011 Author Share Posted April 3, 2011 Thanks Lavender. It's worth a try. I have tried some green people products, but not their conditioner. I totally love all the faith in nature shampoo range which work fine for me. The fact that it's an intensive one is encouaging as they usually work well in non green type brands for me. Ta Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...