fluffy chick

New girls!! 3 wee pekins!! Pics. Intro plan seem ok?

Yes lavender is a little monkey! I love her because she's the only one I've never seen being mean to any of the others. Don't get me wrong I know she would if she could but I like to fool myself she is just too sweet for all that :wink:

I'm off work today, and can hear them (so hopefully would hear if a fox came for bramble) but lots of marking to do (she says obviously not working!)

I will put her in this afternoon. An hr or so before bedtime. Last night I put her in while the others were still up (but thinking about going to bed) and it went well, so might start putting her in earlier today if I stay with them.

I put Bramble back in an hr ago. She is certainly being mean but then will ignore them for a few mins which is an improvement. :?

Strawberry is spending as much time on the ceiling / walls of the run which I think is actually encouraging Bramble to attach her tbh.

Lavender is bleeding a little from her comb, not bad it will stop and heal I am sure. Trouble is blackberry has been (gently) pecking at it and eating the blood. Should I be worried that the blood will attract attention of the others? I don't have any purple spray is there anything else I should do?

I've heard food colouring can work or put some cornflour on or anything to cover the red or things can turn really bad :( I would take her out until you can hide the blood.

Is there a perch for Strawberry to jump onto. Does she really hang off the roof :shock:

Oh. Just read your reply. I've been sat out waiting for them all to go to bed. You can't really see the blood on lavender anymore it healed within a couple of hours. But I'm sure it would bleed easily again if bramble got hold of her :?

I was going to leave them together tomorrow while I am at work. Bramble seems to be getting to the end of asserting herself and if I took her back out I think it might be a step backwards iykwim. Equally if I separated lavender for the day I wouldn't want to put her thru being put back in.

I was thinking of putting some perches in actually. Yes strawberry is good at hanging upside down bless her, although she does seem a little calmer tonight. bramble isn't attacking her every time she walks past so strawberry seems a little less stressed.

Found with mine they could nip behind things and jump on them so some flower pots, branches, stool, an old chair, pile of bricks or anything. It just gives the new ones a chance really and slows up the agressor :D

Found with mine they could nip behind things and jump on them so some flower pots, branches, stool, an old chair, pile of bricks or anything. It just gives the new ones a chance really and slows up the agressor :D

Good plan will defo try some things in there. I left 3/4 of the cane 'wall' up so it created 2 'rooms' which has worked well but will put in some perches and get creative, thanks for the ideas.

I left them all day together while we were out which was horrible (for me :roll: ) but rushed home expecting all sorts and it wasn't too bad. No blood to be seen anyway and lavenders cut has all but disappeared (got some corn flour today in case) Bramble is still being mean but I'm hoping the worst is out the way :? I know it can takes weeks for things to settle down totally so I'm still hopeful they will be ok living together.

At the weekend we'll be able to electrify the netting so they will have loads more space all day everyday. I couldn't really afford it at the min but wanted to give them more space to reduce the bullying.

Just wanted to update all of you that were so kind to share your wisdom! :D

All 6 bantys are now living in (near) harmony. Bramble is still giving out some nasty looking pecks and the occasional chase but only when there are treats around. :D I am starting to worry she is turning into a cockerel :shock: She has been crowing (proper cock-a-doodle-do ing) for a while and she is developing some pretty impressive head gear. :? Anyway that's a different story :lol:

They have been fr ing all weekend while we were in the garden and lavender and strawberry both came and sat with me and enjoyed a stroke which was lovely and made it all worth while.

Maybe intros aren't that bad :think::lol: