Nicola H

It's a whopper !

Lesley .. wrote,

What chickens have you got that lay such big eggs? Ours are around the 60-65g size and Tallulah did lay one which was 95g - a double yolker.

Probably a GNR , I think Nickis are both Gingernuts, and know mine lays large eggs.

Sarah, with an after thought on Lesleys !egg! 's.

Lesley .. wrote,

What chickens have you got that lay such big eggs? Ours are around the 60-65g size and Tallulah did lay one which was 95g - a double yolker.

Probably a GNR , I think Nickis are both Gingernuts, and know mine lays large eggs.

Sarah, with an after thought on Lesleys !egg! 's.

Thank you Sarah

Yesterday I got home to find that Sage (my PP ) had laid an enormous egg - it weighed 95g. I put it in a egg box with the others but it's so large the lid wont shut. Normally her eggs are about 60g. We didn't think she'd lay today after all that effort yesterday but she has. This one is a more normal size though.

Hi

My chickens have laid two enormous eggs, one was 95g (3 1/4 oz), and the second 99g (3 3/8 oz). Maybe it's just a thing they go through as some people have had roughly the same size eggs!

Ellie :)

I saw those enormous eggs while looking to see what was going on in the Gallery = you'd only need one for tea wouldn't you?!

We looked at ours for a few days before eating it and then in my hurry to tidy up one day I closed the lid of the plastic egg box it was in :oops: so we ate it that night!

Sarah here .. Why don't you "blow" the egg, then paint the shell to keep 8) , you can then scramble the contents and have for tea with toast :!:

Sarah ....

:oops: Lesley, Kate ... anyone :!::!: .. delete the duplicate and triplicate of the last post .... I think theres a "Gremlin" in the omlet machine. :shock: .

Sarah

done that Sarah - what have you done to your profile?

:P

It was me! I left a message in your posting
:arrow: In that case THANKYOU LESLEY :P .

Kate just came along and was rude about your drinking habits and I never do that
Well you will all be pleased to hear the wine rack is restocked ... just been to Tesco's 8) .

Talking of "big Eggs" .. someone suggested to Ben, to put choc powder in the hens feed ... so they will lay a Choc egg for Easter. So I got 2 little Egglets, and will sneak them into the nest (in a bowl) I think, on Easter morning. Then shut the Eglu door .. so Ginger and Pepper don't go for a sweet snack, and let Ben and Joe go and collect whatevers been laid 8)

Sorry for my rude comment about your drinking habits, Sarah :wink: ! Won't do it again. Lesley beat me to doing a housekeeping job on your postings! I didn't get there in time - although I nearly deleted your final post by mistake when I read you wanted the triplicates deleting - oops :oops: !

Back to Eggs! - Nicola I've pinched your topic as it seemed the most appropriate!

Mrs.White has just laid an egg weighing 101g! - just slightly less than the one you had. I've put a photo in the Egg Gallery. She has been laying every day - it will be interesting to see if she lays tomorrow :shock: If she'd have done it a few days ago I could have painted it for the competition!

We are a bit worried because Mrs.W had a prolapse last week - or as Lauren and Jake will tell you - her bottom fell out! She has been fine since we sorted that out but that big egg is not going to help.

Lesley,

I meant to ask you earlier if you could post about the prolapse and the treatment in case it happens to anyone else. It sounds pretty frightening to come across and it would be great if it was posted on here. I'll add it to the Sick Hen sticky if you do.

Thanks m'dear :wink: .