Nicola H

It's a whopper !

Is this the largest egg. :shock::shock:

This morning I was amazed to find an enormous egg in the nest proudly layed by Ginger I wondered what all the shouting was about, it weighs 4 oz and measures about 4 inches (sorry I can only work in old money) :?

I have posted some photographs in my album titled Babs & Gingers mum, I thought you might like to see the evidence. Maybe it is the new pellets I am feeding them hope so, I can feed the whole family off this egg............... :P:P:P

Sarah thanks for that I have checked out the site and it says a very large egg is 75g and over Gingers egg weighs 115g now that is vvvvvvvvvery large I will have a search around the net and try to find out the largest recorded egg.............. I can't wait either but it is on display at the moment..................... :D:D:D

Hi Nicloa .. the heaviest egg was 454g .... if you look under the Fun section it gives better bits of trivia. :lol::lol::lol: .

Still reckon yours is a contender ,, imagine if she had 4 yolks in there :shock: what a fab brekky egg. If it has more than 2 yolks reckon the guys at HQ should give you a t-shirt - did you ever get the 1st one by the way. :wink: .

Sarah ... (green eglu)GNRPP

Hi Sarah the egg that weighed 454g was an ostrich egg the heaviest egg that a chicken has layed is 160g apparently a russian hen layed it and it is going in the Guinness book of records as the heaviest chicken egg, so ginger or as we now think Babs was not far short.

Looking at the colour of the egg compared to the rest it looks like it could belong to Babs the Pepperpot after all, because yesterday she did not lay and today she layed a very small egg.................. :D

Well I have cracked the egg open that was egg not Chablis Sarah, and it is a double yolker I was convinced it would have 3 yolks never mind well done that chicken which ever one layed it. Emily has requested that I make pancakes with it so everybody can have one..............Just off to warm the frying pan......... :D

doubleyolker.jpg

What a beautiful egg - well done that chicken!

Pancakes? - shame it's too far to come round!

Nicola - did you see in P.P this month that someone has a photo of a small egg asking if it is the smallest? I think one of your girls laid one smaller?

Edited by Guest

Yes Lesley I saw that, Babs layed the tiny egg but it was very soft I think I have a pic but I did not weigh or measure it. I don't know, my girls and their funny eggs Ginger layed her usual large egg this morning and then went on to lay an egg with no membrane or shell this afternoon, is your chicken still laying lots of eggs each day. They will be tired out at this rate................ :D:D

They certainly will be tired out! - Lottie is still laying about every 20 hours at the moment so she only had a couple of days when she laid two in a day. Hopefully she will slow down now.

It' very quiet when Kate's PC is playing up isn't it? - come back Kate :P

Lesley

I wondered were Kate had disappeared to, I thought she had been sucked into cyber space hope she gets the computer fixed soon although mine has been very slow today.

Have you all seen the Eglu for sale on ebay I have the highest bid of £62 so far don't think I will win it though you never know I could be adding to my flock, double Eglu's like Lesley................... :D:D:D