Nicola H

It's a whopper !

Whoops !!!!!! :lol::lol:

I am looking for a crock egg holder but have't found one I like yet. I have an alessi egg holder in blue but it only holds 4 eggs, the good thing about it is that you can submerge it in water and boil the eggs then lift them all out still in the stand........ :lol:

I am only getting eggs every other day at the moment so I should have one tonight Lesley. I hope they do stay at around the 65g size as this is a good size egg without giving the potential problems associated with the really big ones :shock: I am also hoping production steps up a bit as some of my friends are now looking to try the eggs and I have only had 4 so far :lol: I am sure I will soon have so many eggs I won't know what to do with them :lol:

We barely have enough eggs to eat ourselves yet but, feeling generous, & being Easter, I intended to take an Omlet pack of 4 to sis in Leeds on Monday...she's wanted hens longer than me but hasn't any, & I knew she'd appreciate & use them.

But, going to sis-in- laws on Sunday, thought I'd like to take them some too...decided that the remaining 2 that we had would do, along with the usual basket of chocolate & flowers.

What actually happened was that sis-in-law partner teased me all day for only sparing 2 (wish I hadn't taken any) & didn't even tell him it was cos my sis was getting 4!

Then, of course, forgot to take pack of 4 to Leeds (meant to pick up at last min...couldn't really put in suitcase).

So, all day, my OH dropped mean comments into conversation..."well, if you had some eggs..." etc...

Still, off to make scrambled eggs for lunch now, since I have enough. yippee!

Congrats on the whoppers posted here...amazing...Chuckles' are tiny.

Hi,

My two are laying regularly now which is great. We are getting a large egg (95g, double yolk) about once a week from Geraldine who is the smaller of the two.

Today was a surprise though, Geraldine did her early morning egg at 8am and Flo later about midday. We got a third egg at 3pm!!!!! How is this possible, I thought they only laid every 24 or so hours? In case you are wondering I made a careful check earlier in the day, so one of them has definatly laid twice (both normal size, about 60g). My guess is that it was Geraldine, could this be like having twins? :?

Stuart