beach chick

going to move the hutch again... questions!

onto the patio outside the kitchen door this time - will have to move the bbq, but heyho.

it's difficult to mow the grass around the hutch and I reckon it will look better where it's going, and is the absolute last place in the garden to get the sun. also better for winter access.

questions:

- we put weldmesh on the bottom for extra fox-proofing, although wasnt sure it would be comfortable I was worried about security. is it ok to leave this in place now they will be on slabs? the slabs are uneven...

- the hutch is 2 levels, actually a chicken house. on the top bit they have a hay filled sleeping area and a 'tray' which is filled with shavings. downstairs at the moment it's just on the grass - as they are going on to slabs, do I need shavings, or can I just leave the slabs bare? - and hopefully help keep claws down.

thanks bunnylovers!

I'm not entirely sure but...

1. I don't think it makes a difference, to be honest. I don't think your buns will be uncomfortable stepping on it because they have such fluffy little toes. If it gives you extra piece of mind, I'd say to keep it there :D

2. I would think that you could keep the slabs bare if you wanted to. By all means put some down if you want, but I don't think it's essential. :D

its spare weldmesh from the WIR. for tonight we've slipped a sheet of ply underneath to level out the gaps. however its not ideal... I think I will probably take the mesh off tomorrow, because it takes 2 people to lift - I can drag it, but I reckon to remove the mesh and fill in the uneven bits with bits of slab.