freddie Posted June 4, 2011 Share Posted June 4, 2011 went to see my friend today, and came back with..... 2 maran 10 week old chix! Georgeous!! they're in the raspberry bed being stared at by the menagerie, whilst yet more fencing is put up. OH doesn't quite know about these yet.. oh well, It'll be an interesting evening I also bought a 9 foot wooden gate, as that's the first sly step towards the next member of the family. He doesn't know about that either...... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Luvachicken Posted June 4, 2011 Share Posted June 4, 2011 What did your hubby say when he got in ? Sorry Freddie, I assumed OH was hubby but I just realised that you're called Freddie and OH could be female instead Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted June 4, 2011 Share Posted June 4, 2011 I reckon something that you need a 9ft gate to keep in will be a much bigger shock for OH What are you planning a giraffe? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Purplemaniacs Posted June 5, 2011 Share Posted June 5, 2011 What are you planning a giraffe? I hope OH took it well Freddie Hope the new babies are settling in well any chance of a photo. 9ft gate that is tall, I wonder.......... Chrissie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
suzannejoy Posted June 5, 2011 Share Posted June 5, 2011 so what did the OH say ? lol Think my OH is getting used to the unexpected Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
freddie Posted June 5, 2011 Author Share Posted June 5, 2011 Wee problem, we now only have one hen; the other decided to take flight, and I've been up half the night, and from 5.30 looking for it. It's only 9 weeks old, and was in the raspberry bed, which is walled on three sides(5 foot), and fenced on the other. Everyone in the village is now on the lookout for my renagade chook; but the remaining one is looking a bit lost.(it's OH's fault we lost it, as he wouldn't drop me home when I asked, so he's feeling guilty) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
grageomat Posted June 5, 2011 Share Posted June 5, 2011 OH NO i hope you find her soon Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted June 5, 2011 Share Posted June 5, 2011 Oh no, any news Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Purplemaniacs Posted June 5, 2011 Share Posted June 5, 2011 Any news? Chrissie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
freddie Posted June 6, 2011 Author Share Posted June 6, 2011 Not a sign, we've looked and looked. Was up at stupid o clock again this morning, but no feathers, no poo, no nothing. I've over top my friend again today and collected another one, so odds are the lost will now return, they'll all turn out to be cockrels, and then none of us will get any sleep anyway! Serves me right for not sticking to ex batts! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...