Lesley

New Photo!

I see there is a new photo on the Home page - is that all four of the Omlet lads?

We asked for photos ages ago - better late than never, even if they have got all their.............No, better not go there again :oops:

Where's Brenda - did she have the camera?

Has anyone else taken part in an egg and spoon race? I've only just seen it and it's a bit dark now - and I can't run now!

Lesley

Edited by Guest

Lesley I must have posted at the same time as you I have just opened a new topic on chickens called Egg and spoon race................. :D

You can edit the posting if you like I know you have the power................. :wink::wink:

Good photograph not sure who they all are though....I think Brenda must have take the pic..... :P

:lol: The guy at the front, who appears to be winning is James , he delivered my Eglu. The others behind .. from GUIDE photos, assume to be Johannes and possibly Simon. The other chap at the back .. I assume to be Roy, the Omlet delivery chap. Having said that "assume" only makes an Ass out of U and Me!!!!!. :wink: .

Take my comments of photo at will. OH .... :oops: is there a William!!!.

Maybe between us all ... we can crack the !egg! , I mean Code .. I mean Photo :shock::shock::shock: .#

Sarah .. off for more Chablis ... (green eglu)GNRPP

Kate - it's the one that comes up randomly whenever you come on to this site.

You just have to keep going back to Home until the right one comes along!

Nicola - i tried to move your post to join this one but couldn't do it - I have asked Kate :oops: I might have the power but not the brain capacity obviously :oops:

omlet-egg-n-spoon-race.gif

This photo??? It kept changing into something else when I looked!

Johannes is on the left, William is next to him and I'm lost on t'others!

Oi Lesley :shock: !! Just because I couldn't find the photo :oops: !! I can't merge topics either - sorry! They'll have to stay where they are, I'm afraid. Superpowers have abandoned me :( !

:lol: The guy at the front, who appears to be winning is James , he delivered my Eglu. The others behind .. from GUIDE photos, assume to be Johannes and possibly Simon. The other chap at the back .. I assume to be Roy, the Omlet delivery chap. Having said that "assume" only makes an Ass out of U and Me!!!!!. :wink: .

Take my comments of photo at will. OH .... :oops: is there a William!!!.

Maybe between us all ... we can crack the !egg! , I mean Code .. I mean Photo :shock::shock::shock: .#

Sarah .. off for more Chablis ... (green eglu)GNRPP

Just how much have you already had :shock:

James at front, followed by Johannes, William and A N Other - Simon?

:oops: Ohh for goodness sake Kate ... there is more to Omlet than the Club and Gallery ... look at the HOME page .. where they make all THEIR announcements.

May I please now go to the fridge!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

THEY should make THEIR comments over here - I might notice it a bit quicker then! I've missed out on an Egg and Spoon race now - or does it apply to any day?

Put in the Wellies and new fenced run shots, taken earlier today. Pepper and Ginger seem to like pecking at the wellies regardsless of whether there are any legs inside!!!!. :lol: . Thought the before and after shot was good .... shows how much we have adapted for the chooks!. Wonder what everyone elses were and are like :?::shock::?: .

Sarah.

Nice pics Sarah your wellies are great, the new run looks good, I think I am going to have to contain mine more. Jeff built me a run down the side of the house but I don't have the heart to put them in it, but they have trashed the garden and dug up most of the grass so I will stop being so soft and put them in the run I would like some plants and veg this year.......... :roll:

Thnaks Nicola ... they did "pace" along the fence a bit to start with, but now seem to accept that this is their new area .. and I make sure they have extras in way of greens. I suppose one way of looking at it ... is that some eglu owners don't have any grass at all, and keep run on bark all the time -

mine now have an "inbetweeny" area ..... a bit larger than the eglu run, but still bark and of course soil underneath for the bath! :roll: .

We have just about put the garden back together again .. so this will be permanent now ... chooks seem happier in there now, and of course we will have flowers and veg in the spring/summer.

Cheers ... Sarah.

We were thinking of doing the same thing as you, Sarah, for winter. Our grass has been totally hammered and is just bare earth now. The garden plants have been left alone so I'm happy to let them wander in summer but in winter, we need to let the grass recover. We're going to make a run at the bottom of the garden with a bark floor for them. They won't like it at first but at least they'll have plenty of grass all summer as a reward!

My mum is also threatening to pen the chooks in a little area because the garden is looking a little worse for wear. They would have quite a large space to roam around in, but no grass :cry: They would still have a fair few plants to rummage around in, and they would still be able to go into their dust bath. If we do pen them in for a while as the garden recovers, we would let them out occasionally so they can feel the grass beneath their 'starfish-chicken-shoes' 8):lol::P

Talking of new pictures, I've put a few new photos in my album of the girls - just of them posing and tucking into their new pellets. Flo's wattle and comb have grown a fair amount since the old photos!!! You will notice that Gerty also makes her appearence in these photos - so, although the Eglu door is open, she's not sitting on her nest :D She's snapping out of being broody!!! (and she didn't fluff herself up when I went near her!) HOORAY!

Thats good news Imogen I am sure she won't stay broody for long Hybrids are designed not to.

I have just visited a friend who keeps 10 chickens and all his are pure breeds he said they have all stopped laying over the winter and gone very broody he said I could hatch some eggs under his broody in the spring that is what he is planning to do but I think day old chicks would be safer no cockerals.

By the way he had a broody box that my dad had made for him and he said it really works he calls it the sin bin. It looks very mean but he has about 4 birds broody at once...............so I suppose he needs it or else he would never get any eggs.

We felt quite guilty making a fenced run for out four but feel a bit happier about it now (I only feel silly for turfing it in August and waiting for it to take!)

The way I look at it is - all the Eglu chickens have a lot more space than battery chickens and they are happy! We've put a branch in the run and hang stuff up for them so that they have to 'work' to get at it.

Our run is a sea of mud and bark chips but we have a beautiful lawn :lol:

Lesley

We've spent a cold hour planting up the new fruit bushes and planning where the new run will be. Hubby's got grand plans and it should look really nice. They'll still have plenty of scratching and digging room but the lawn will have a chance to grow back and we can train raspberries and blackberries up the side of their enclosure too!

The girls have both nearly been beheaded several times during the planting session! They have eaten so many worms between them!

Good fun was had by all!

:D Agree with you Lesley, we have quite destructive hens ... they have exposed the roots on anything they have not actually UPROOTED :evil: .

They have shade/shelter provided by the conifers and other trees where they are now, so are happy in all weathers. 8) .

Got the stepping stones today, so will get them in when we patch up the mud with new turf. Then all should be happy :wink: . Oh, and I will paint the new gate and fence posts when it stops drizzling :!: .

sarah :arrow:(green eglu)GNRPP