abwsco

British Gas

We're only with BG for electric so didn't fix as there were no warnings of their price rise - or I missed them :oops: Luckily fixed with Eon for the gas though before those rates were pulled.

I've told DH I'm buying wind up lanterns to save putting on lights as no matter what we do I can't seem to cut our usage anymore :(

They are all as bad as each otherin terms of putting prices up, greed etc :evil: but BG 'Customer Service' seems worst of all - would rather cook Xmas dinner for 12 over a candle than go back to them :twisted:

I really wonder how long bills (energy, food, petrol, insurance - all the essentials) can continue to rise whilst salaries stay the say or go down before the whole country is on its knees :x:cry: Surely its unstainable :wall: At least we used to have the caveat that we MAY win the lottery one day :pray: but thats yet another thing to go under the current economies so theres not even that to look forward to :boohoo:

Still, we all have our health and thats a lot to be grateful for! :D

OOOhhh, fell better now - another cup of tea, I think!!

The bills aren't in my name so I had no idea this was happening. Oops.

I'd submit readings today still. At least then they're not going to be able to underestimate a low usage for the cheaper prices when your next bill is due. Hope you know what I mean as I've got a migrainy fuzzyish head today.

No gas here (except bottled) but I fixed my electricity with a new provider after looking at the energy helpline.

It's morally wrong to be making three million pounds in profit EVERY DAY yet still increase prices. Just how much money do they need? :shock:

It sounds like it but perhaps it is within acceptable profit margins if you look at it as a percentage of turnover....I dunno :roll:

The bills aren't in my name so I had no idea this was happening. Oops.

I'd submit readings today still. At least then they're not going to be able to underestimate a low usage for the cheaper prices when your next bill is due. Hope you know what I mean as I've got a migrainy fuzzyish head today.

Who would I submit them to? The account is in my dad's name, so do I need to tell him them? Or do I give them to British Gas somehow?