fluffy chick

Just ordered omlet wir !! With pics!

I'm so excited!

I've only ordered the standard one for now as I'm having palpitations at the cost of that! :roll: But it will fix nicely onto the (cube green) and run, it can be extended relatively easier although I notice the price has been put up from 100 to 145! It also will be easier for my OH to make a decent go of it and the ground is a bit uneven as we live on top of hill, which is lovely and pain at the same time.

I am also going to get some glass clear tarpaulin to cover the top and sides. It will also be in a new home under our willow tree! Will be at least a week before I have it all done I can't wait! :dance:

Edited by Guest

Sounds like the Omlet WIR will be perfect for your location. We have one and love it! So do the chooks - they voluntarily go back inside often even when allowed out to play. I do recommend you get a transparent tarpaulin from Tarpalfex. Their 2m width is perfect for the roof width of the WIR and then the 6m length would cover down both sides with no gaps although we only got a 4.20 as ours is against a fence on one side. We use an old one to go across the door side and fold that back on dry days. Using bungies you can anchor the sides down for rainy days or fold them up when it is sunny or to let air in. Enjoy your new WIR!

DSCF0107.jpg

Well this is weird - we got our tarpaulin from Tarpaflex (the company recommended by others on the forum) but when i went to www.tarpaflex.co.uk just now, although their web page came up, I couldn't open the list of transparent ones where I was going to check the price of 2m x 6m. So not sure what's happened as it was only about 3 months ago we bought ours. It was - I think - about £45 and we bought a pack of bungees from them too. I think, as the saying goes, there are others suppliers!

Fiddled with the pics now :roll:

It was quite easy to set up I think (once OH and dad actually looked at the instructions) I have wood chip so will use that for the run I think, or the farm shop near me will order me aubiose. :? I need some edging first.

I couldn't have it quite how I wanted as I wanted the door next to the cube but it wouldn't fit as the cube run overlaps the next panel. I want an extension but have put the electric fencing round it now so they have more room but they love the shelter. It's rained all day here and it's all dry in there. Can you see my 'seat' in there :lol:

It looks really great - and very u"Ooops, word censored!"trusive too in such a lovely setting! Glad it wasn't TOO much of a pain to erect. As you say, it helps if they look at the instructions (NB very few words so 'reading' is not an option!)

At one stage OH was putting things together and my dad was happily following him round undo ing it and doing it all wrong :lol::roll: bless him.

Also meant to say - I love your little signs !

Was just about to say the same thing - did you make them!? :D

Your set up looks fab, well done!

Thanks! OH got them done for me, someone on ebay does them. You send pics of your chickens and she draws them and puts their names on too. She treated them so they can go outside.