calmbreeze

New Frizzles coming - black or white??

update ... . . .

we didnt get the frizzles as planned as the lady we were due to get them from was very ill, however she has phoned to say that she is back home after a stint in hospital and the chooks are ready to be collected so hopefully will be able to finally post pics very soon!!!!! :D:):D:):D:)

they have arrived!!!

we picked up doris (white) and betty (black) today - oh and there was a ginger all sorts (freda) needing a home too and - well you know what it's like - she sort of came along too!

so we ended up with 3 - my husband was expecting me to come home with one - but he was happy - we have a 8x6' converted shed so theres plenty of room. they have a 20x10' enclosed run and get to free range in 1/3 acre garden for at least half a day so all good, plenty of room!

they settled in with mabel (white sussex), connie (all-sorts) and gladys and aggie (goldlines) straight away, major the cockeral was very interested in his new 'majorettes' but was also very good, they have all toddled off to bed happy, although the new girls didnt want to roost and stayed together on the floor. i will leave it a day or too before i start to put them on the perch - i dont know what they are used too.

i am away tomorrow and leaving hubby in charge - so will post pic prop on monday!!!

so exciting!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

finally i have a pic to show everyone - will get some more but they are so small and sooooo quick - they just dont seem to stand still.

they are taking a little bit of time to settle with the others but every day is an improvement so we are hopeful for a very happy hen house soon. interestingly they refuse to perch!!!!

so here we are doris (white) and (black) betty! :D:D:D

dorisandbetty-1.jpg

the white one has settled better than the black one, but they are both very shy and huddle in the hen house most of the time, i make sure they have quality time out in the run alone by letting the others free range. they are quite young so it might take a little while - but they are lovely!!

update - its been just over 2 weeks since the frizzles (and ginger!) joined us, sorry but the ginger one freda is so active and small just doesnt stand still long enough for a pic but will try at the weekend when i have more time.

the white frizzle doris is beginning to fit in well - still a few issues at feeding times but thats improving day on day. the black one betty is taking a bit more time, she has a small bald patch on her back from taking a bit of a pecking, so we have some anti pecking stuff to go on her - hope that helps. interestingly my friend also got a white, a buff and a black one from the same place at the same time, and the buff and white are settling but the black one is being harassed too! - something about the black ones????

anyway they seem to be happy and eating and drinking and healthy enough - another week and calm will be restored i think - they are so cute and funny to watch - but then they all are with their little personalities!

as i promised my hubby we wouldnt have more than 4 and we now have 8 - i promise no more :lol::lol:

Perhaps the black ones are a wee bit younger and that is why they are getting bullied :think:

One thing I just have to ask you, calmbreeze, even though it is not relevant to this post, is, what breed of chook is in your avatar. It makes me laugh every time I see it as it is so like a Victorian gentleman. I think the BBC should be borrowing it for one of their costume dramas :lol:

Perhaps the black ones are a wee bit younger and that is why they are getting bullied :think:

One thing I just have to ask you, calmbreeze, even though it is not relevant to this post, is, what breed of chook is in your avatar. It makes me laugh every time I see it as it is so like a Victorian gentleman. I think the BBC should be borrowing it for one of their costume dramas :lol:

her name is connie she was given to us when we started out with chooks - its such a fuuny pic - people say she is ugly but we think she is comical!! :lol: -she was having a small moult in this pic and has lost some feathers on her neck - but she is pristine now and has a tuff on top too (will post another at weekend). no-body can tell us what she is at all !! full pic below - makes me smile!!!

Image0426-1.jpg