bluekarin Posted November 18, 2011 Share Posted November 18, 2011 Hubby and I are after a mattress topper as our current mattress (which is about 6 years old) is getting a little uncomfortable. Almost bought one in M&S today, but it felt very thin. I don't really want a memory foam one and would prefer a washable one like a microfibre filled one. I'll consider a feather/down one if the feather do not escape, as I have read in some reviews. Does anyone have one they'd recommend? Thank you Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted November 18, 2011 Share Posted November 18, 2011 Rosie has a feather one on her bed and is very happy with it. Mine is memory foam and is just soooo comfy. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chortle Chook Posted November 18, 2011 Share Posted November 18, 2011 I have memory foam mattress as I have a bad back and it is excellent for that. But The White Company Luxury Duck Down & Feather Topper is the stuff of dreams while sill being much cheaper than a new matteress. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
cathybc Posted November 18, 2011 Share Posted November 18, 2011 I have a Northern Nights one from QVC and love it. It is a couple of years old now tho and a few feathers have started to come through, but not enough to be a problem. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
whoopsie Posted November 21, 2011 Share Posted November 21, 2011 Worth checking out House Of Bath for feather toppers - they used to do several different ones and their quality used to be very good. IKEA do toppers too but don't know how good they are. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Griffin Posted November 21, 2011 Share Posted November 21, 2011 Three of my girls have the Ikea one and they love it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chortle Chook Posted November 21, 2011 Share Posted November 21, 2011 Three of my girls have the Ikea one and they love it. I assume you don't mean your chickens. Now there would be some spoilt chooks Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
yvonne Posted November 21, 2011 Share Posted November 21, 2011 Tee Hee, that's what I thought too Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
donald Posted November 21, 2011 Share Posted November 21, 2011 The best mattress topper I have bought(3) were from Dunelm Mill Hotel range but i dont know if they do them anymore? John Lewis do them £££ They were duck down ones and very nice no feather escapes etc. We bought a fluffy one from Dunelm Mill ie like a brushed blanket and it is suprisingly comfortable...we just need a new mattress now I hoover the duck down ones to re fluff them, Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chortle Chook Posted November 23, 2011 Share Posted November 23, 2011 I hoover the duck down ones to re fluff them, Would that work with duvets too? Sounds like a really good idea as my duvets always end up with the feathers all at one end. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted November 23, 2011 Share Posted November 23, 2011 Does your duvet have channels rather than squares CC? You could always machine cross-wise to create squares to keep the feathers in. I love it when I get mine laundered - they come back all fluffy Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chortle Chook Posted November 23, 2011 Share Posted November 23, 2011 Yes, it's a channels one so I end up with cold toes or cold ears Good idea to make squares. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Olly Posted November 23, 2011 Share Posted November 23, 2011 I know you said you don't want memory foam, but mine is fabulous ... I hate staying away from home now as I am never comfy, it's absolute bliss to get home and sleep on it again. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...