WitchHazel

Jane Howarth (BHWT) Radio 4 Today Prog interview

Unfortunately, John Humphries "banter" (he really is a rubbish interviewer, he's always de-railing people from being able to make important points), Jane wasn't able to raise awareness of the problem of European battery eggs still coming to britain.

I have emailed the Today programme to ask them to have her back.

I haven't listened to this yet, but there was an item on tv earlier about the new legislation for keeping hens. Is Jane's piece about this? I also note that there was an ex batt rehoming at Brackley recently. The news article said that lots of hens would probably need rehoming due to the change in legislation.

I gather this legislation has been known about for some time. Are there still hens that will need rehoming now and is there a single place that I could look to find a local rehoming event?

Not listened yet but glad they had some publicity :)

redhotchick - the last of the current (pre-Enriched cage) Brackley Ex Batts came out yesterday, if thats your nearest CoOrdinator then I'd contact Anna or Emma (Falkor on here) and see if they have any which you could rehome. I think there were 2 left but you'll need to check with them :)

Check the BHWT website for future rehomings.