Mum

Which scales for weighing eggs?

I notice some of you weigh your eggs, so today I decided to weigh mine. The only scales I have are a small "Salter" diet scales (traditional, not digital). Obviously it's accurate enough for weighing ingredients in, but I'm not sure how accurate it is for comparing egg weights?

Mind you, if I'm only weighing my own eggs and with the same set of scales I don't suppose it matters much because the calibration would be the same :oops:

So, do you weigh your eggs?

If so, which scales do you use?

TIA

I do - for my own sad interest (I have a bantam orp who lays quite large eggs and I want to capture them for posterity :D) and also for showing. However, comparing them with somebody elses I was mortified to find my scales were inaccurate and I'd been entering illegally large eggs :oops: I managed to accidentally drop these scales and had to buy some more for cake-baking purposes and now have Salter digital ones. As I haven't seen an egg in months, except one which I didn't weigh, I don't know if the new ones are any better! I know some people use jewellery scales (which I'd never heard of, who has 250g of diamonds lying around :lol: )