the3lees

Anyone used Hens Made Easy, Scotland?

I am in the final stages of building a fox-proof walk in run and getting excited about the prospect of settling in our birds. The two most popular options for sourcing chickens near Edinburgh seem to be George Ogilvie in Longniddry or Hens Made Easy near Cupar. I've had lots of good recommendations for George Ogilvie but wanted to check if anyone has had birds for a while from Hens Made Easy?

Many thanks

Elaine

Hello,

We bought our hens from Hens Made Easy. The lady (sorry forgotten her name) was very helpful and advised us on the pro's and cons of each bird. I had read a fair bit before we went so we were not completely in the dark.

We have had ours 5 or 6 weeks and they were only 12 weeks at the time we picked them up. Look at my other threads, I have posted pictures of them.

Very nice birds which we have had absolutely no problems with. My only concern was that she sold us layers pellets for them, when they were/are still growers and I suspect that is what she fed them on as it was all she had to sell.

By all means go to have a look.

Thanks so much for all the feedback. Think we might try George Ogilvie first though as it's a bit closer. Still have to finish building the run which is taking MUCH longer than expected due to the weather. Here's hoping a 4 day weekend will get the job done!

Elaine

I've used Hens Made Easy and would use them again; very helpful owner and I like the set up (she has her own breeding groups in Eglus and Cubes on grass.) I was getting a couple of hybrids last autumn - they were pricey for little brown hens, but she gave me a white leghorn for £10 because I mentioned that a Welsumer I'd had from her hadn't laid particularly well. Good aftercare too - would recommend.

Hi

I spent some time at the Hens Made Easy set up. I was all set to buy a Go from Jocelyn (who runs HME), but I found an irresistible bargain (2nd hand Classic for £50). I emailed Jocelyn to let her know and to thanks her again for her time and information. She was very friendly and helpful and her set up looked brilliant. I'd recommend her based on my dealings with her.

Lx