chickencam Posted June 13, 2012 Share Posted June 13, 2012 Scamp has been sneezing this week and has a runny eye, ED's hayfever has kicked in big time this week just in time for her A levels and we were wondering if animals can get it. Scamp is otherwise happy and healthy and her eye is just watery not nasty in anyway, but she does keep sneezing. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
munkee1965 Posted June 14, 2012 Share Posted June 14, 2012 I think they can yes, but as it's only one eye I think I'd get her checked at the vets. It could be a grass seed which is or has scratched her eye. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted June 14, 2012 Share Posted June 14, 2012 My daft rescue cat has allergies, although I'm not sure what she's allergic to. It doesn't bother her too much though. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted June 14, 2012 Author Share Posted June 14, 2012 Scamp is much less sneezy today and her eye has dried up, I will have to monitor her. Our old cat Toffee used to get a rash around her forehead and ears in the summer, which the vet put down to a pollen allergy. She used to spend a lot of time in the fields around us. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alis girls Posted June 16, 2012 Share Posted June 16, 2012 Could be allergic to fur or humans (reverse to humans being allergic to fur ) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Valkyrie Posted August 17, 2012 Share Posted August 17, 2012 I used to ride a horse at a stables near Egham - he had hayfever and had to have special bedding. Poor thing - as I suffered miserably at the time I knew how he felt! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
scubababe Posted August 17, 2012 Share Posted August 17, 2012 I've developed hayfever this year!! Considering I celebrate half a century next year I've either a) left it late or b) managed to escape up-to-date Either of which it took me 3 months to realise why I've been ill!! With saying that 1 of my clients has also developed hayfever this year for the first time!!! Strange Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Valkyrie Posted August 18, 2012 Share Posted August 18, 2012 Perhaps it's something in the air that you aren't used to. I had asthma as a child which seemed to swap over at age 10 with hayfever. I still had it when we moved here 20 years ago but then my OH started to get it - and a bit of asthma. He'd been a townie up till then. I was always a country bumpkin. About 5 years ago I noticed it wasn't quite so bad and now I've had a couple of sniffy mornings and that's it. After 45 years of runny nose I seem to have built up an immunity!!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...