soapdragon Posted June 24, 2012 Share Posted June 24, 2012 Here in South Oxfordshire we have a very good recycling rate and very efficient rubbish collection (unless its a Bank holiday when its anyones guess! ) There are four bins...one for kitchen waste, one for garden waste (paid for seperatly) a recycle bin and a household waste bin for everything that won't go in the other bins. This morning I found a dead pigeon in the garden (yes.....you know where this is going !!!!!) Now pigeons can be eaten so should I put it in the food waste ? Conversley I found it in the garden so does it come under garden waste ? Maybe,as it will 'break down' I should put it in the recycling ? Or should I just double bag it and add it to the household waste (tho it hasn;t been inside!) Sometimes life just gets too complicated Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Geoid Posted June 24, 2012 Share Posted June 24, 2012 Food waste, as that is used in a furnace to produce power. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted June 24, 2012 Share Posted June 24, 2012 I suppose, being dispassionate, it's no different to a carcass (ie Sunday roast) so I'd agree, food waste. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wannabe smallholder Posted June 24, 2012 Share Posted June 24, 2012 Just for fun ring your council and ask them what they recommend!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
soapdragon Posted June 24, 2012 Author Share Posted June 24, 2012 Wannabesmallholder... that did occur to me just for the hell of it but I didn't think I'd be able to keep a straight face!!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wannabe smallholder Posted June 24, 2012 Share Posted June 24, 2012 I dare you!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
angeluk69 Posted June 24, 2012 Share Posted June 24, 2012 Go for it! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Charlottechicken Posted June 24, 2012 Share Posted June 24, 2012 Ooh, good question! Depends what they do with each type of waste I suppose. Here in Brum I would put it in household, as that is incinerated to produce power. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
soapdragon Posted June 24, 2012 Author Share Posted June 24, 2012 Might just get on the 'phone tomorrow!!!!! Will let you know! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
soapdragon Posted June 25, 2012 Author Share Posted June 25, 2012 Managed to take my tounge out of my cheek long enough to call Biffa first thing to explain my dilema and a very serious lady informed me that, under no circumstances, should the deceased pigeon go in food or garden waste as it would constitute a health risk . Recycling was 'inappropriate' and so the only option was to double bag it and put it in household waste but could I not bury it in the garden ? Actually, I had already treble bagged it and and put it in the black household bin! So, now we know!!!!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wannabe smallholder Posted June 25, 2012 Share Posted June 25, 2012 See! Not such a daft question! And well done for not laughing xxx Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...