All 4 of my girls manage to hide under the summer shade when the rain is really bad. :? It seems to work ok. Shower curtains have been suggested. I keep meaning to get one but unbelieveable whenever I remember I can not find a clear one. :roll: It's on my shopping list for tommorrow. :D

We got a shower curtain the other week. Couldn't get a completely clear one but found a clear/mosaic one in Wilko which still lets enough light in. We hold it down with two of those bungee things that you use for holding luggage on to a roof rack. Seems to work well and keeps them much drier...

Rob

A sheet of plastic held on with clothes pegs will do as an emergency measure, but don't leave it on if the weather gets hot or the chickens will fry.

I have only taken the winter shade off my eglu run a few times this year, and then I have only folded it back, as it was soon needed again.

Am waiting desperately for the Cube winter shade. Omlet couldn't have anticipated that we would need it all summer!

All 4 of my girls manage to hide under the summer shade when the rain is really bad. :? It seems to work ok. Shower curtains have been suggested. I keep meaning to get one but unbelieveable whenever I remember I can not find a clear one. :roll: It's on my shopping list for tommorrow. :D

When I used my Eglu run I got a clear Ikea one from Ebay.

Hope this helps :P

Our "winter" shade just arrived today. Ordered it because the rain has been so bad over the last couple of weeks, I felt so bad for the chickens, hiding under the small area of the summer shade. It came in 2 days, and got posted through the letter box, so you don't need to be in to recieve the delivery.