mollyripkim

Photo of my new call ducks Daisy and Daffy

Well, went to a duck show on the Isle of Wight on Saturday and came home with Daisy and Daffy, originally wanted white but just fell in love with these two, they are only 3 months old and the colour is apricot silver. As it happens the breeder lives local to me so I am going to see her set up tonight. They seem to be settling in really well, I have them in the new WIR and the area behind is where it will eventually be sited once the concrete is down.

P1000189.jpg

P1000186.jpg

Thank you Chubby Chook, I am so pleased with them, went to the breeder last night, she was lovely and had some beautiful ducks and chickens plus some misfits that she had rescued which I thought was really nice. They include a very elderly huge chicken with bad hips which she is on meds for and seemed quite happy and a dear little duck with a wonky beak.

Noise wise Daisy has a mad quarter hour when I let them out in the morning then quacks really loudly when she sees me or hubby, we go and chat to her and then she quietens down, I hope she gets out of that habit! Hardly got any work done though.

Chicken girls have all had a good luck as have cat and dogs which didn't set Daisy off, it's just me :cry:

Shame hubby wouldn't let you have the trio, give him time.

mollyripkim Daisy is just so very pretty. I feel sure she won't be quite so noisy once she has settled down a bit and knows what's what. Then she won't need to make so many alarm calls. At the moment probably rather a lot is alarming :)

I've got room for one more girly duck and now have 'apricot silver' at the top of my list - but where to find one :?::?:

In the meantime OH has said I can go back, this evening, to Hamble Valley to get me another Poland :dance: He is blaming Omlet in general and you in particular for being a bad influence. Are your ears buring? :lol:

Thought my ears felt a bit hot!! :lol:

Lucky you going to Hamble, what colour polish are you getting? Say hi to Rachel for me, my girls are going back to her in November for a holiday.

Well Daisy and Daffy have been FR with us all afternoon as hubby is laying the area ready for the concrete for their new run on Saturday, I think we are very lucky that our hubby's are so helpful and understanding although he reckons we all egg each other on as well.

She has been very quiet out with us and in fact has been following Cilla the black silkie around which is quite sweet (they were hatched under a chickent). She tried to get underneath her a couple of times but Cilla just moved out of the way. I think they may be quieter when they are all in together as they do seem happy out with the other girls but as you say it is all new to them at the moment.

I think Val has some more apricot silver babies if you would like her number!

Well, mollyripkim, I am now booked up to go get me a Silver Apricot call ducky on Sunday :dance::dance: I can hardly wait. Val, whose number you kindly gave me, said that now would be a good time to integrate a new girly as my present pair are moulting and my little drake is in 'camouflage' i.e. a boring brown with no curly tail. I do hope it works and I'm not making a mistake :anxious:

Next door have also gone and got call ducks so at least they won't be worrying about the noise :D

From memory did Val have other colours and ducks as OH is very keen to "see lots of ducks" :lol:

Oh mollyripkim, things did not go to plan. :( We had to go on a sudden call out to my old mother's in Kent on the Saturday and quite unexpectedly had to cancel our plans to get the little silver apricot ducky right at the last mintue. We even had the box in the car :( . My mother is OK and on the mend, but OH now says that Val's place will be too much driving on top of all the driving to Kent that we'll need to do for hospital visits. I've been looking and looking for call duckies nearer me or even as far as Winchester, but not as far as Southampton and can I find any? Not for the life of me :cry: There are some truely beautiful lavender bibbed drakes (that's what they look like to me but I feel sure there is a posher name for it) at Notcutts just up the road from me, but no girlies. So disappointed :!:

Oh, I am so sorry about your mum Chubby Chook, hope she is making a good recovery, I can understand with all the driving though, Kent is quite a long way especially if you have to do the journey often. You must have been so disappointed about the little duck though.

There is a breeder in Basingstoke, not sure if that is closer for you, their website is www.sherborneducks.co.uk, he is really into them and even goes to USA to duck shows. They did have some white ones earlier in the year, think they do other colours too.

We went to Dorchester County Show on Saturday which was interesting as they had classes for call ducks, they seem to be very popular at the moment. They had some lovely black and white ones for sale but my favourite was a peachy colour all over but she was not for sale.

Best Wishes