patsylabrador Posted October 22, 2012 Share Posted October 22, 2012 I have been shocked by the dreadful series of hit&runs in Cardiff. I can't imagine what was behind that. I was also dismayed by how little interest was shown in the media. I don't know why that is but I thought I'd show my support to Welsh people, especially anyone from Cardiff area on this forum. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted October 22, 2012 Share Posted October 22, 2012 A truly shocking and mindless incident. My thoughts are with the people of Cardiff also. It has been on every news bulletin and in every newspaper that I have watched or read in the last few days. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted October 22, 2012 Share Posted October 22, 2012 It's been on my mind a lot too, I too cannot imagine the motive behind such senseless and cruel behaviour . I've seen it in the media a lot too. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bluekarin Posted October 22, 2012 Share Posted October 22, 2012 It is a truly shocking incident. I can't imagine why someone would do a thing like that. I do hope all recover both physically and mentally. I too have heard a lot in the news. I think maybe it feels there hasn't been a lot when you have so much saturation on other stories Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
LisaP Posted October 22, 2012 Share Posted October 22, 2012 Total disbelief when we heard about it on the local news here, actually I read about it on the BBC local news site first before it was mentioned on TV. We can't comprehend why someone would do that Most of OHs aunts and uncles live in Cardiff. Lisa P Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
PurpleTree Posted October 22, 2012 Share Posted October 22, 2012 It's terrible. Everyone I've spoken to has been in utter shock about it. I first heard about it on Twitter, pretty much as it was happening as I follow the local news and obviously a lot of local people. I cannot imagine what possessed this man to go on such a rampage, it seems he just targeted random people. Apparently he even got out of the van and hit people with a steering wheel lock. The lady who was killed has a 10 year old disabled daughter who is on one of those holidays of a lifetime in Florida at the moment. She doesn't know yet apparently. So, so sad. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Space Chick Posted October 22, 2012 Share Posted October 22, 2012 Some of the incidents happened in places my sister regularly goes with my nephew.... I had a panicked couple of hours when I couldn't get hold of her Terrible, truly terrible Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chortle Chook Posted October 22, 2012 Share Posted October 22, 2012 Are we anywhere nearer a motive? Was he on drugs? Did he know what he was doing? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Space Chick Posted October 22, 2012 Share Posted October 22, 2012 Here is the latest from the welsh news.... http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/2012/10/21/matthew-tvrdon-31-in-court-charged-with-murder-of-karina-menzies-91466-32078408/ Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...