newcountrygirl

Ziggy doesnt like walking up the field

Suddenly for the past two days I have had to physically drag Ziggy up the field. Prior to this she has always raced up it. Also - last night we went to bed and about half an hour later she started barking. Went in and calmed her down then she started again about 5 0'clock this morning. I couldnt see anything outside or hear anything (sometimes it's noisy pheasants) but she has definately been spooked for the past couple of days. Wondered if it was a fox - but normally she is fearless. Any ideas anyone? :?

No nettles or anything where she walks. Usually she is fine. I was talking to my neighbour who said that there was a big dog fox in the neighbourhood so it could be that he has been prowling. Yesterday when I went out with her she sat down and refused to move. OH came out and she walked up the field with him - no problem. She must think he can handle foxes. I took her this morning and although slightly reticent she soon perked up and seemed back to her normal self. The only other thing I can think of is that she is in season and is usually more of a homebody at this time, so maybe the scent of a fox unsettled her.