charly1979

Yay my cube arrived today :-)

If only it had come a few days earlier my lovely Fliss may have been able to benefit from it still my other 3 seem to like it , they are so unsure about the steps but then so was I until I saw pictures online (just couldnt work out why they seem to float) Anyway heres a few pics more may follow but it was bloomin cold building it on my own with 3 unhelpful chookies .......

Unpacking of the cube ......... hmmmm instructions says allow 2 hours ??? mind you its so cold I may need to shave an hour of that :-)

AA1685A4-0EA9-421D-89FA-88059B27D99D-1193-00000178BE482F25.jpg

Connie has had a quick view

0CFF7D6B-123D-483C-8A18-261F31E4052D-1193-00000178B42501F3.jpg

Bedtime pics (I had to go out and see how they were esp as they were not happy with the early bedtime but I wasnt taking any chances) Marilyn on her own

C237B05B-2E51-470C-B3D5-4949E2FFC5D4-1193-00000178B81B5FF5.jpg

Prilly and Connie

CF741D7F-BF09-4C0A-AB1D-CBE5DCD7F31A-1193-00000178BACBB4D6.jpg

Its is of course very very clear to me that I do indeed need some more girls to make it cosy ...... good job Im of to see about a Bluebell, a speckly hen ohhh and some pekins tomorrow

Many congrats on your lovely pink cube!!!! :dance: If you do get some pekins I would suggest you cover the ladder with some stiff garden mesh & cable ties. I had to do this for my pekin gang as they totally couldn't cope with the ladder, what with little legs and feathery feet!! :lol: If you'd like to get an idea of what it looks like, check out my post "Phew, pekins warm and dry" you should see it there. They shuffle down and jump off the bottom!! :lol::D

Enjoy your cube!! Oh and your new girlies!! :wink::dance:

Thanks, I will be revamping the ladder as surprise surprise I seem to have bought some pekins (will post pics in a mo) but also because Prilly didnt manage it very well this morning ! I had to laff letting them out they didnt seem to know what to do, I had to coak them out with food daft lot were huddled in the nesting box ??