Nikipins

Man flu and murder

Hope all those who are poorly get better soon.

On Christmas morning, my father (who is as much of a wuss as Phil) phoned to say that he was coming down with a stinking cold; after close interrogation (Phil's folks are quite infirm and don't need to catch a cold so I wanted to be sure whether he really ought to stay put or not) it turns out that Pops just 'thinks he might have a sore throat', so they came up anyway and he seemed fine :roll:

On the 27th I couldn't stop sneezing and my nose ran like a leaky tap - lasted all of 24 hours, during which time I felt nauseous but nowt came of it and life went on as usual, animals and grumpy teen were fed and exercised.

Yesterday morning Phil woke up and announced that he 'felt poorly', now this is a common occurrence in one who has far too much time on his hands to worry about how he feels when he wakes up. This particular Poorly could probably be attributed to the copious amounts of Hogan's cider he'd drunk the evening before :roll: My 'don't mess with me raised eyebrow' and two paracetamol soon put a stop to any moaning.

Rosie now says that she has a 'slimy throat' :roll: one paracetamol and some steam inhaling seem to have sorted that one out.

.... am I surrounded by weaklings? :think:

I think a lot of non specific illnesses occur around this time because people are out of their usual routine. I find if I go to bed late, lie in and sit around too much I become wierdly shaky and sluggish. It sounds like nice idea but routine is a good thing overall. Overindulgence with food and alcohol don't help either.

I survived man flu , only to see my DD and Gbabies all get flu , sore throats and a cold. I have helped them all .

Now it is my turn and for the last two days that i have spent in bed i have been given a cup of tea......nothing else i have had to get up and self care.....No matter how much i told OH i felt dreadful and asked for some small morsel of attention i haven't been given any.

I have just changed the bed linen and no offer to help. he goes back in a few days and just for once i'd like to send him now.....I need some tender care , the same as i have given to the others, where's mine ?

I'm sorry to hear you have come down with the dreaded bug Angie. My husband is a techi junkie so if I'm feeling fed up with lack of attention I text him or email him from the other side of the room or different place in the house and he gets the message in more ways than one.

So far I'm the only on in the house not to fall ill, but I won't count my chickens yet........

I'm off to the doctors at 11, this nasty cough just isn't going . Talk about sharing flu and a cold with family. Wish they'd keep it to themselves.

I can't moan at OH as he has gone back , and he has been as much use as a limp lettuce leaf on this leave. It took him 2wks of nagging to change the shower hose and head for the new one i bought in anticipation of his coming home.

He is banned from coming home with any sort of cold or flu again , he gets over it and me and the dmards i take try to kill me off .

Just so you all know i intend to spend the weekend in bed .