Nikipins

Man flu and murder

My husband has got man flu. If I murder him before Christmas can I pled diminished responsibility as I'm being driven mad by his moaning. :wall:

It's not as if none of the other family members have never had a bad cold (I don't believe it's real flu, as not got a fever etc), but he feels he has to remind us every moment he opens his mouth about how bad he feels.

Ok, moan over, back to the kitchen to do some more cooking for the extended family who have arrived for Christmas (hubby's gone back to bed) oh happy days

I have one doing the same and he only got off the plane on Wednesday early morning.

Every three minutes for two days . I am ready to do some serious harm in this house i really am !

It is turning to a cough now which is just adding to his constant moaning.

I have been out for every concievable flu remedy he has requested , i have refused to get him chesty cough as his cough is dry. If this goes on over Christmas SANTA won't be coming to him.

And i can honestly say he does not have a fever as i have checked with the thermometer.....often .

Oh Angie, you and me united! I lost my rag earlier with OH, he has refused to take any painkillers/medicine until I almost took the French route and inserted them as a suppository then he grudgingly took 400mg ibprofen. Also had the in-laws on the phone, MIL has toothache, I wonder if I can find time to get to the shops for earplugs for a quiet if muffled Christmas.

I agree with you also Charley. my last dd was born on 25 November 2005 and unfortunately had some problems which took us back to hospital the week before Christmas, she was a very unsettled baby, cried for hours and difficult to feed. I was exhausted, still 12 of the extended family descended for Christmas/new year. A lot of them helped out but still it was bloody hard work and I could have done without it. No one offered to have us, or more importantly have everyone else so we could just try and sort ourselves out.

I love this tim of year but its so stressfull with everyone expecting everything and to add illness into the loop arghhhhhh

My mum had proper flu (none of this man rubbish) 2years ago it was horrible for her me and my sis did the running around for her etc

Nothing at mine is getting done so I feel I shall be having a FLIP OUT on Christmas Eve to get them all moving so depending on wether or not your OH gets better soon we may be sharing a cell. Angie will you be joining us :o

I remember one Christmas with his mother staying with us, and him in bed with man-flu for the entire festivities, although I had it too plus two under fives....his explanation...you couldn't possibly have had what I had because you wouldn't have been able to get out of bed!!! :twisted:

He's made a partial recovery today with lots of comments about how he is trying very hard. Umm I'll put the knives back in the block for now

Eldest dd walked into the living room announced she felt sick and promptly vomited on the living room carpet!!!

Sigh.........

Soapdragon , I am armed with night nurse and a plugin decongestant for the bedroom, although he is now feeling a bit better and hungry , the cough really sounds like a cold cough so he possibly hasn't felt at all well :oops: but the way he has gone on at me is no excuse. Still have no sympathy for him.

I have done everything possible to make him feel better....and this is the sting, when i'm not well i'm lucky to get a glass of water let alone a cup of tea.....next time I am going to have Man Flu just you wait and see.....

You should have seen the look on LMW face the other year when I got sent home from work with the Swine Flu a few years ago.........it was pure panic. When Mr W succumbed to it LMW barely flinched and carried on as normal. :lol:

One of my enduring childhood memories is of my Dad ( 6ft3 ex rugby player, built like a brick outhouse) being felled by a cold virus.......

I've been felled this Christmas, and remarkably DH has been very good.....there has been a constant stream of questions.....where, what, how, who, etc etc etc....but a delicious Christmas lunch was produced (his job anyway), my parents entertained (I assume!), the kidlings & critters have been fed, family has been visited with presents which he wrapped, DS delivered to work today.... he's not the most patient nurse, but considering he's had a cold too he's been very good :clap:

I've been felled this Christmas, and remarkably DH has been very good.....there has been a constant stream of questions.....where, what, how, who, etc etc etc....but a delicious Christmas lunch was produced (his job anyway), my parents entertained (I assume!), the kidlings & critters have been fed, family has been visited with presents which he wrapped, DS delivered to work today.... he's not the most patient nurse, but considering he's had a cold too he's been very good :clap:

Sorry to hear you've been unwell and hope you are feeling better...it must be a Sussex thing because I've had a cold/flu thing that also went to my eyes (like conjunctivitus...yuk) but I managed to cook Christmas Lunch and drip through boxing day.....what's it like to be pampered...sigh

Sending all poorly people speedy get well wishes :D

Hubby & I have been poorly since Boxing Day & are taking it in turns to look after each other when we get a small energy burst. We're living on leftovers out of the fridge :drool: too ill to cook. Our 2 boys aged 15 & 8 are helping out too, they have been good.

Proper flu here too, and other assorted viruses :roll: OH has had some bug for about four weeks now, his mum has had a chest infection, my mum has had a bug which lasted for several weeks, so did I. Then I managed to get flu as I broke up from work on 20th December. OH phoned his dad this morning to find out he now has flu. We are off to a wedding in another part of the country tomorrow (our first contact with a crowd of people for a while), and I've packed a first aid box, we don't want any winter vomiting bug on top of all this!