We wanted to give the girls something special for their first Christmas. My wonderful OH spent 4 hours today putting it together for them :angel:

Their very own WIR :D

P1020664.JPG

Ivy (middle) spotted the Cat behind the (green eglu)

P1020699.JPG

Holly wondered if she could see the Cat if she went inside? :lol:

P1020707.JPG

We've got a lot to do to get it looking how we... :think: ...sorry, how I want it :lol: but we just wanted to get them out of the (green eglu) extended run and into something bigger :) There's not much garden left :whistle: but they deserve it :D

Thanks for the lovely comments guys :D

Are they getting on ok together now - I know it hasn't been long since you had them, but looks like they have been home for ages :lol:

It does! We think we've been very lucky to have been given 3 lovely girls Libby :angel: Eve spent a fair amount of time during the first two days chasing Holly and Ivy around but I must say, she wasn't vicious. They stick together quite a lot and seem to be a happy little group :D

Today my lovely OH put Link-a-Bord around the run and hung up one of the mahoosive cabbages that we bought just before Christmas :)

P1020720.JPG

Look at the determination on Holly's face :lol:

P1020726.JPG

And this is when she's not cabbage hunting :wink:

P1020739.JPG

Eve with her lovely dark eyebrows...well one of them showing anyway :lol:

P1020786.JPG

Should have called Ivy 'Fag Ash Lil' :lol:

P1020788.JPG

Oh I did laugh at the Fag Ash Lil line - that is just the face she has in that photo :lol::lol: They are beautiful girls and so glad they are getting on together, it makes such a difference when they do.

I still have the one little girl in a walk in run on her own as she was so weak and badly attacked at the start of things in October. She had very limp neck muscles and was barely able to eat. However, she is full of beans now and doesn't seem to look for the others - they do shout along to her, as she is in sight, but she hides :roll: Therefore, just can't risk adding another girl in as if things didn't settle I wouldn't have anywhere to turn.

I love the Link-a-Bord idea - do you mind me asking where you got it from?

That run looks great cheeky chooky - what lucky ex batts getting that on Christmas Day :clap:

Looking at your photos you are clearly a bit of an expert at the Omlet WIR. I am considering one but can't decide whether to get the one with the classic on the outside or get the standard one with the classic inside on a table. Mine will be on soil so I wonder if the eglu will be better off the floor? :think:

I assume you have been pleased with your version as you have bought more than one?

Thank you missusmac :) I'm no expert but my OH certainly is now :lol: We love Omlet's WIRs because as you said on another thread, they look less obtrusive. All our housing is on the outside of the WIRs so that the chooks and ducks have maximim space but mainly to enable me to do the cleaning on the outside. They are sat directly on the ground with the housing sat on gravel.

The one really useful bit of advice I would give you is to get the biggest size you can fit into your garden when you place your order as you're bound to suffer from morehens sooner or later :wink:

With the Banties I started with a (green eglu) and extended 3m run, then bought a 2m x 2m WIR + extension, then added a (cube green) and another 2 extensions :roll:

For the ducks I started with a !goyellow! and a 2m x 2m WIR + extension, then added another extension :roll:

With the Batties, I went straight for the 2m x 2m + extension :lol: