Looney Posted January 9, 2013 Share Posted January 9, 2013 I'm watching Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Goosey Lucy Posted January 9, 2013 Share Posted January 9, 2013 I'm not Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted January 10, 2013 Share Posted January 10, 2013 We buy big packs of mixed cured sausages at a continental market that'd ones around a couple of times a year and we freeze the vacuum packed bags but the ones that we are using we refrigerate and just use as needed with n heed to dates. We do usually cook with them though. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted January 10, 2013 Share Posted January 10, 2013 Front page news this morning about the amount of food being wasted by folks not buying prudently and/or being led by use by dates. BOGOF deals have a lot to answer for too; I mainly circumvent this by shopping online, which allows me to prune my shopping trolley mercilessly. My favourite is this poster, which should be displayed in all supermarkets. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Purplemaniacs Posted January 10, 2013 Share Posted January 10, 2013 I heard this on the radio too DM and thought of this post. I waste much less now, I am much more careful about what I buy. I shop once a week and go with a list, having planned the meals, I try to cook from scratch and not eat ready prepared meals. Chrissie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...