Jenthelibrarian Posted January 3, 2013 Share Posted January 3, 2013 I just noticed....for the past couple of weeks I've had to nip out and give the hens their tea by 4.00pm or it had got so dark they'd gone in to roost. Today we were out FR-ing for a quick half-hour until 4.00 and now I'm going to wash their dish and find them some supper and it'll be at least 4.15 or 4.20 before they get it. I do live in the southern part of the country, but it really is getting lighter again [i need an icon for a muddy-booted happy dance ] Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
HennyPenny59 Posted January 3, 2013 Share Posted January 3, 2013 Yes, ive noticed exactly the same A couple of days ago, I happened to be out driving at 5.30pm, and I noticed there was still a hint of daylight in the sky Roll on spring !!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
christyrose12 Posted January 3, 2013 Share Posted January 3, 2013 Yes, we were just coming off the beach at 5pm and it was just about dark!! Just a glimmer of light in the sky. Usually by the end of January its getting dark by 5.30pm. I always remember that!! Sad I know. Spring is on the way Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
suebee Posted January 3, 2013 Share Posted January 3, 2013 An old farmer friend once told me that once we're into January..... "It will get a cock's stride lighter every day" I thought this was a lovely, evocative way of describing it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
jackian Posted January 3, 2013 Share Posted January 3, 2013 A few minutes later going to bed and no rain for 3 days..what more could we ask for ? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted January 3, 2013 Share Posted January 3, 2013 I noticed it too today. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Luvachicken Posted January 4, 2013 Share Posted January 4, 2013 A few minutes later going to bed and no rain for 3 days..what more could we ask for ? Some sun ?????????????????? I too noticed the daylight was a tiny bit longer and have spent the last few afternoons giving them cuddles and a bit of corn before it gets too dark. Roll on Spring Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...