chri1143

Fox attack

Hi. This morning I found my muscovy badly injured. I keep her in a large omlet walk in run with my chickens and ducks. I don't lock the ducks up in their house at night as I see foxes during the day (I live in London near a wooded area). She must have put her bill though the gaps in the run and the fox ripped the bill off. I had to dispatch her quickly. I have now put tarpaulin around the entire run to a 1m height to stop the other ducks doing the same. She must have got used to seeing the foxes :( She was my favourite.

Have only just seen this. Exactly the same thing happened to my friend last year who had two runners, Daphne and Derek. Fox poking around, Daphne got inquisitive and stuck her bill out through the mesh. Lost the whole top of her bill and had to be PTS :cry: I thought that it was a one in a million chance of it happening, but it's obviously not. To end this on a more upbeat note, about 5 weeks later a wild duck landed in her garden, took a liking to the run and pond and moved in. Still there and Derek's no longer lonely.