xChicken04x

Canadian chickens

Hi everyone, My aunty Sue has just come over from Canada and we told her about us getting chickens, she is very impressed but is wondering what do you do with the chickens in extreme weather in Canada and America? when its -30 degrees? what do wild chickens do?

Thanks for any replies

xx

There are specific "winter/cold hardy" breeds available in countries with extreme climates and where very low winter temperatures occur.

I cannot think of the names of any, but a quick search on Google should retrieve some results...

omigod - there's a US Forum? :shock: Is it like a parallel universe - I had no idea there was one there as well!

I hope they have as much fun as we do :wink:

Ans: There is, it is & we do.

Parallel universes present some problems though, Olly. For example,we must be careful to never meet. If an Egluowner encounters an anti-Egluowner, theory predicts mutual annihilation in a puff of neutrinos. . .

omigod - there's a US Forum? :shock: Is it like a parallel universe - I had no idea there was one there as well!

I hope they have as much fun as we do :wink:

Ans: There is, it is & we do.

Parallel universes present some problems though, Olly. For example,we must be careful to never meet. If an Egluowner encounters an anti-Egluowner, theory predicts mutual annihilation in a puff of neutrinos. . .

When I first looked for an Eglu on Omlet I found the US site & I wondered if Eglu's were an American product that some forward thinking person had decided to import over here. I soon discovered the true history of Omlet :D