Sheilaz

Party Time - everyone bring a bottle!

I will have to get a hairy dog ... like Sarah............ :lol::lol::lol:

Are you implying that Sarah is a hairy dog? :!::twisted:

But, what a terrific card you received Nicola.

I'm having a great day too....

When E.S.(eldest son) phoned (good boy!) I said "Thanks but can I speak to you properly later cos its 10 to 12 now & we want to be outside the pub before they open the door at 12." :oops::oops:

Do you think his parents are a bad influence?

PS Its a good real ale pub which serves food so gets very busy & we wanted to be sure of a table for our meal...does that sound any better or am I just digging. :roll:

Got up early with the chooks today as normal as I quite enjoy the quiet time before my male brood get up. Ended up going back to bed for breakfast in it :lol: Got lovley jewellery from the boys and it's very special as they told their Dad what they wanted to give me and sorted it all out for themselves, I need a proud as punch emoticon just now.

Back to the alcohol I love the Raspbery beer, there is also a cherry one which I call grown up pop.

I also like banana bread beer and one called Golden Glory whixh tastes of peaches, better stop there I sound alcoholoic :lol::lol:

Don't really drink that much, it doesn't agree with my tummy so I feel I have the excuse to be adventurous (and usually expensive) when I do have a drink.

Hope there were no hangovers this morning, it's not a good look for Mother's Day. :lol:

Trish, the jewellery sounds wonderful - you lucky thing. No hangover here - I sorted out the location for the party, sent out the invites then got waylaid in the kitchen with the washing up and missed all the fun - it was never ending you know - all those glasses, I'm still finding dirty ones :roll: ! Typical! Never mind, the ones who went to sleep on the floor didn't snore too loudly and Sammi was round early with strong hot coffee so it all ended well :wink: .

Look in the fridge, Kate. I saved a lovely dry white for you, next to Jane's. Perfect end to Mother's Day. I know what you mean about the housework not disappearing just cos its our special day. So, this time, leave your glass here & my son can wash it with the 2 dozen that aren't in the cupboard so suspect are in his room...prob where corkscrews are too. :)

Sheila now I read it back it does sound like I am calling Sarah a hairy dog SORRY SARAH. No I ment hair of the dog I did feel a little bit hung over this morning it was all that mixing the drinks, raspberry beer, chocolate beer, wine red and white no good for the head............... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Poor Sarah! I don't think she'll be terribly impressed at being called a hairy dog but it made me laugh :lol::lol::lol: .

Thanks for the chilled bottle Sheila :wink: - I'm just about ready for it now! Long suffering hubby has done the rest of the ironing for me :shock::shock: ! It won't happen again until maybe this time next year but that means I can relax and unwind for what remains of the day.

I know what you mean about missing glasses and cups etc - ours all migrate upstairs into the boys' bedrooms too. We have an amnesty every few days and they return silently for washing up :lol: !

Poor Sarah! I don't think she'll be terribly impressed at being called a hairy dog but it made me laugh .

:lol: At least I am a freshly coloured (Walnut) hairy dog :lol::lol:

Had a lovely Lunch .. the Kitchen is still intact, and the kids are nice and tired after a Birthday party 8) .

Although I missed the party this time I have actually been on a pub-crawl once! ...in Brussels.

Carl's friend was living there and wanted us to taste all the different Belgian beers, one in each pub.. I had to accompany the two of them as they gradually became more and more inebriated - I had fizzy water with lemon, orange juice, tomato juice, orange and lemonade, coffee, Hot Choc and still water! 8) and no headache :lol:

Getting the tram back with the two of them was another experience :lol::lol::lol:

I think doubling up on Omlet anniversary and our own personal hen anniversary is the right way to go. Of course if we all toast each other's personal anniversary, that could be a bottle a night.

Just as well since the thermal wine bottle containers I've made do seem to be growing things faster. Something to do with the black wrapping round the container absorbing heat in the day which is stored in the water in the wine bottles and this keeps the soil temp up at night. I got it from an excellent little book called the Very Lazy Kitchen Gardener. The instructions start with 'drink 12 bottles of wine'. :lol::lol:

Will try and get organised with photos tomorrow. If I have time what with buying more wine for the 8th and the 9th. 8)

I got it from an excellent little book called the Very Lazy Kitchen Gardener. The instructions start with 'drink 12 bottles of wine'. :lol::lol:

. 8)

Sounds like my type of book, Jane. :wink:

Did you notice that Sarah was very quick off the mark there, refreshing the wine party topic? :shock:

Must be interesting for those celebrating a year of chickens to look back & think how that 1st year has passed. :D

i've got a book called 'the lazy kitchen gardener' by john yeoman. is this the same book? is 'very lazy' a follow-up?

getting excited now as tomorow is our personal chicken anniversary. that makes today our anniversary eve! so i'm allowed to be excited! :D

I've got John Yeomans book as well but there is a commercial version of Jane's bottle thing. It's called Wallowater. I'll put a photo on later. Someone on RC and Mrs.L's forums is an agent for them. It is working very well.

I'll go off to the garden section now - sorry, I can't help with any empty bottles Jane - Carl could help out though! :?

Will you be organising Murdo's virtual pizza for your virtual party, to soak up all that wine? :) Don't want too many hangovers whan it comes to the early morning letting the chooks out routine :D

Seriously though congrats on the first year to all you original eglu & chicken owners, and thanks for the inspiration, support and encouragement for us newcomers, as well as all the laughs, (and the occasional tears) that the forum has given me.

Enjoy your 1st anniversaries :):):):)

Oh, no, I'm a guest, my automatic log in must have gone wrong- and I don't think I can remember my password :oops:

Sorry. that last posting was me, I didn't sign it cos I thought I was logged in :roll:

Kate A (green eglu)

Onion GNR

Phil (cream legbar)

Brie (speckeldy)

Thanks Kate, I've just emailed James for a reminder, I'll never get to be a chatty chicken if I keep posting as a guest :):)

Kate A (green eglu)

Onion GNR

Phil cream legbar

Brie Speckledy

I think the book is called the Lazy Kitchen Gardener. However it is downstairs and I am far too lazy to go and check :lol:

Interesting they have bought out a commercial version of the winebottle thermal pot. I have been testing temperatures with a very sensitive probe thermometer and the soil in the wine bottle containers was significantly higher than the air temp in the evening and 3 degrees C higher than a similar sized traditional pot. I've split a pack of carrots between 2 pots and the wine ones are much further on.

So I can recommend the concept. However I won't be buying the commercial one. Far too much fun drinking and making my own - and very ecological :D

I'm hoping to put photos on the photoalbum, but if you can't wait there are a couple on the citychicken album (and piccys of the mini eglu towers)