counturchickens

Animal rescue advice, urgent

A desperate plea for advice. Our new pet minature duck escaped on Saturday and is seemingly trapped (although not physically) in a canal at the rear of our house. I am suspecting the has been there since sat but only spotted her tonight. I've called the RSPCA and they can't help as it's not physically trapped, and couldn't recommend anything else, apart from try and put a plank down, but we can't get that near due to the steep sides. As we only got her on Saturday and she escaped as we were putting her into the run she won't have any homing idea. I tried taking the other 2 ducks down in the hope their quacking would attract her, but no joy. Can anyone suggest anything else. I am going to take some food down too, but does anyone know of any organisation that might be able to help. Otherwise I think she will just sit there and starve to death. Thanks

I'm getting one from a chap at work tomorrow. Plan to get up early and put some food as near as I can get and a temp shelter. Found a local wildlife rescue place who think she will be eating, and have said they will try and help if we can't lure her back. I am beside myself. I know it's 'only a duck' but I feel really responsible as it was out stupid fault that we let her escape. I really thought she might be dead by now, but went to check again one more time just in case, and now we have found her feel morally bound to do our upmost.

Sorry I've ended up repeating my post :oops: under duck drama, perhaps a mod can stick them together? Anyhow, have been back the last 2 nights and she's not been there, so she must have swum off. I set up a feeding station but some so and so has stolen the poultry feeder ( it was a cheap plastic one) in the hope she might come back. Offered a reward to some local kids who fish there in case they find her and have got hold of a net and extendable pole in case she comes back. I'm pretty much thinking she has gone for good though :(