auntielizzie Posted March 29, 2013 Share Posted March 29, 2013 This morning I have constructed a swing in the girls' run for their entertainment. So far of course it has been ignored, but I have seen in other peoples' posts that quite a few have got swings in the runs - do the chickens actually sit on them? I would love to see photos - and of course, should my girls decide to have a little play on theirs then I will post pictures too Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
charly1979 Posted March 29, 2013 Share Posted March 29, 2013 sounds brill I need pics now Please let me know if your girls use it Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
good_egg Posted March 29, 2013 Share Posted March 29, 2013 I want one!! Pics please Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
jeshen Posted March 29, 2013 Share Posted March 29, 2013 Sounds a nice idea! Hope they use it soon and we can see pics - and detailed instructions on how to make it!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Popularfurball Posted March 29, 2013 Share Posted March 29, 2013 Here is one of mine - I have another a bit higher up. It's fab - they for use it that much - in fact brown hens doesn't use it at all, but black hen uses it to get out the pecking zone of mrs brown hen! So gives her a break Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
good_egg Posted March 29, 2013 Share Posted March 29, 2013 I can't see a pic Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Popularfurball Posted April 1, 2013 Share Posted April 1, 2013 I can't see a pic That would help!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
charly1979 Posted April 1, 2013 Share Posted April 1, 2013 Thats soooooooooooooo amazing !! Think I may have to make my girlies on too Cant wait to see hubbys face when I do as he never goes on Omlet (good job too as if he did he would twig it was fellow omletters that helped with my 'more hens' disease) he will think I have lost the plot ..... wonder if they would like a see saw too Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
auntielizzie Posted April 1, 2013 Author Share Posted April 1, 2013 Mine looks very similar to Popularfurball's. (I think I have the same house too). I screwed two very large metal hooks in to one of the wood "beams" of the frame of the house, then used some nylon rope I had (which is also blue) to suspend a length of thick twig for the "seat". I have left it quite low to the ground at the moment and am waiting to see if anyone uses it. So far it has been completely ignored Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
good_egg Posted April 1, 2013 Share Posted April 1, 2013 I am totally installing one of these in the WIR when we finally get it!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Luvachicken Posted April 1, 2013 Share Posted April 1, 2013 I think that is a fab swing. I have always wanted a swing for mine but was worried they might hit each other as they jump off, but I see yours is quite high up. I will keep an eye out now for a nice branch Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Popularfurball Posted April 2, 2013 Share Posted April 2, 2013 Yeah I wanted it high enough that she wouldn't be pecked by mrs skyline! There is a second one to the left above the ramp too. It has recently become less popular... Not sure if gale force winds repeatedly blowing her off had anything to do with it I have just tied it to the beam rather than hooks. Drilled a hole through twig and tied with balig twine. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...